Oil leak?

DBogo

Reaction score
jharvey said:
if your rear main was leaking you'd know it as soon as you looked up there.
So we can probably rule that out ;Sweet

DBogo can you wipe down around the ICP (the sensor in the first pic) and get it good and clean, then fire it up and watch it, seems that the oil is coming from that area, also could be the IPR Nut (on back of the HPOP) is loose, common problem.

Get that area as clean and dry as you can and watch it, also watch your oil levels.
my oil level has hasnt changed at all i will clean down that icp and watch that but would that send oil all the way to the back of the motor and down and can you point me in the right direction to that IPR im new to powerstrokes this is my first one thanks

jharvey

Shutter Bug
Reaction score
Yep, I had an o-ring go on my HP oil supply line and it made a mess just like you've got. The oil was leaking around the fitting and down the lip on the valve cover and off the back of the motor. Looked just like what you have, 2 ounces of oil when hot and spread out looks like 2 gallons.

The IPR is on the back of the HPOP, give me a few minutes I'll see can I find some pics or a link.

John

Here's a link 95_Stroker posted in another thread (Won't start hot)

Clicky Here

Last edited:

DBogo

Reaction score
well it says it will run rough if its loose do you think its loose or the oring is shot and do you think it could get at it with a open end or box end

jharvey

Shutter Bug
Reaction score
Doubt that you could get to it that way but maybe worth a try.

Lets rule out the easy first, wipe down the ICP area and lets look at that first, get it clean and dry then take it for a good hard spin and then check that area again.

John

DBogo

Reaction score
the icp dont appear to be leaking i felt around the underneith of it and there was no wettness on the nut so i don think its that i know that the icp is leaking not really sure how to take care of it though

jharvey

Shutter Bug
Reaction score
Ok so the IPR isn't leaking and the ICP (confusing isn't it) is wet with oil again?

If so that's probably the source of your headache. Unfortunately I have no idea how fix that, I've never had to deal with it.

Somebody will jump in with some info on how to fix.

John

DBogo

Reaction score
i think that the ICP is adding to the oil problemnot sure if its the cause of it but its kelping the cause thanks for your help with all this now has anyone done anything with this ICP

DBogo

Reaction score
ok from what i hear you got to replace it i found one on ebay for 35 bucks if its the right thing is the part number

F6TZ-9F838-A

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ICP Sensor
(Ford) F4TZ-9F838-A (94/95)
(Ford) F6TZ-9F838-A (96-up; marked Julian date 6318 or higher)
(International) (94/95) 1830669C92 $128
(International) (96-up) 1807329C92

DBogo

Reaction score
found a F6TZ-9F838-A on ebay for 35 bucks the ford one they sadi it fits 94-03 7.3s will this fit mine or not its a reman engine so how would i know i hope this is the cause of my leaks anyone have any opinion on this and also does anyone have any ICP removal/install instructions thanks guys adn what i really need to find out is if all these 94 and 95 parts fit my engine or if i would use the 96 and up parts is there really any difference in them :confused:

Last edited:

DBogo

Reaction score
is there any difference in the F4TZ and the F6TZ the stealership said the F4TZ fits the years 94-96 so what does the F6TZ fit cuz thats the one i can get cheap i hope it will work there because its about $100 cheaper then one from ford or IH

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7

Members online

No members online now.