oil drain plug striped

commonsthor

Reaction score
the oil change place striped my drain plug today is thier a easy repair? i knew i should of done the oil change myself but it is raining out. :mad: :mad: help need truck for work in am

kennyd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Some good parts places sell oversized drain plugs that will cut itself new threads, You might want to try that.

Raining or not, I change my own oil :mad:

EMD Diesel Power

Misguided Trident
Reaction score
I'd demand a new oil pan. -cuss -cuss -cuss -cuss I dont care what the quick lube places or dealers for that matter say..... a tech screws up the job, FIX it. Besides it dont take that much force to properly tighten a plug. cookoo cookoo cookoo

Some pans dont have much of a *shoulder area* on the plug.... so the oversize will work most times, but the next time it gets stripped.... you're dead in the water and need a new pan.

I am also one that loves to do thier own maintenance on the vehicles... but Im living in an apt. complex right now that forbids any work of that sort in the garages. heck, the garages hardly have enough room anyway. :D

commonsthor

Reaction score
:mad: they are ordering me a new pan but i need truck am so i can finnish job i am on . the pan will be here in 3 days . they are paying me book time to replace it$$ since i have pan off what else should i do? oil pump new bearings? any ideas the motor has 246000 on it.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You'll be pulling the engine. I'd consider the lucky mod while you have access to the DMF. I'm surprised they stripped the pan. While it is certainly not impossible, these pans actually have a decent thickness at the plug. Hard to believe a place that changes oil for a living doesn't know how to tighten a drain plug. :backoff

commonsthor

Reaction score
i already have the luk smf that i put in 6 months ago. i cant drop pan while in truck? if i have to pull engine i guess its time for 3dp and straight pipe :confused:

rancherman84

P.E.R.F.E.C.T!
Reaction score
i changed the pan in mine without pulling the motor,just have to unbolt the mounts and jack it up against the firewall,but mine is not a turbo,YET :Sly

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
placidoert

Members online