Oil bypass installed cool info tidbit, Crv,

Sidewinded_idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yesterday I installed my frantz oil bypass setup. Used -4 feed and return lines going from the turbo feed to the oil fill cap. The filter has a built in restricted and my pressure gauge is teed off the oil feed aswell just to make sure I was pulling turbo pressure away. I'm making the return oil fill cap from an aluminum one but for now I used the factory plastic one. The cool piece of info I found to save money is this: they sell a oil fill cap for a 6.0 with threads to screw a fitting into but it's expensive. Buy one for a Honda k series motor (rsx,Crv, element) thy use the exact same cap as our trucks and way cheaper.
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

Macrobb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cool!

I'm guessing you are going to need like 12 quarts per oil change now? What with the extra filter capacity?

Also, I'm curious to see what the oil color is like. Is the TP filter pulling out a bunch of carbon?

Sidewinded_idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's supposed too, over on bitog they show samples from diesels with this setup that's still clear. But they say it takes a couple 100 miles at first. I'll post an after pic soon as mine is black as everyone's before the install and I'd like to see if it changes