Offroading an idi

homelessduck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ooo , ill have to check it out when I can . I've watched your videos multiple times :)

homelessduck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sick bed :thumbsup: What trans are you running ? Don't you haul supplies in to remote places or something ?

redstang410

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I run the original zf 5 speed with a 3 to 1 transfer case.
We still run donations a few times a year to small towns that are out in the boonies. We install a solar panel kit in remote schools about once a year.
Thats what our 4x4 club does with collected funds.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Still one of my favorite Moose Pump customers! I'm always amazed at what you guys are building down there. That last shot made me laugh... I'd never thought of the Moose Pump being used in a marine application, but I'm glad to see that it performs just fine. LOL

dizdak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Agem, you mention above "in a marine application"? What is that or did i miss something in the post?

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you watched the video, in the last scene... you would get the joke.

redstang410

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, Mel. The pump and injector are working fine. I still run the pump the way you sent it. mainly to keep the smoke down. But the propane and water injection make up the difference.

The river there was about 18 inches deep, and there was plenty of power in third low. The belt did slip off though, but it was an easy fix.

rjjp

Needs to go test
Reaction score
So out of curiosity, did you notice a decrease in EGT with the snorkel?

redstang410

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its hard to say cause i've never had any real issues with egt's. I installed the cowl induction kit when i first got the turbo kit from Hypermax. And later did the snorkel.
So i've always had cool air into the air filter since i added the turbo. But in theory It should help.

What really helped the egt's is the water injection. You can see when the pump kicks on, cause the get needle stops moving. I got it set so it holds right around 1100 to 1150F.

redstang410

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Funny thing is that 2 days later, my truck tried to back out of my shop at night by itself.
I left it in reverse gear. Parked in the shop with an engine behind the truck on a pallet.
The starter happened to short out and engage and stay on until it fried.
The truck pushed the engine on the pallet against the roll up door and stayed there spinning tire til it quit.
I guess the starter was full of water. Now i leave my truck in neutral after heavy river crossings. Just incase.

gonecrazyi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's amazing. I've been thinking about using some rear springs in the front for my mud truck. Hoping they'll help the ride and flex better.

Also thinking about a CC body on a
Single cab frame. Hoping it will stand up to the flexing lol.