Offroading an idi

Maverick1701

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I swear I have seen this truck on youtube before....in a mud hole w/snorkel? (maybe with a guy riding in the bed?)

redstang410

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the compliments. I re did the bed cause I was tired of breaking tail lights and noy being able to reach in the bed without climbing in.
I also lost some weight in the process.

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
his front springs are custom made leaf packs. i questioned him already on it. lol thats my next step after shoving 63 inch chevy rear springs in.

what i was told
"The stock f350 front springs really suck flexing cause they are way too thick and are only 2 leafs. They are like3/4 inch thick each, if you go have a 5 or 6 leaf spring pack built, you might have more flex and a better ride.
They used 8 mm thick leaves on mine. I can go pretty fast in my truck without bottoming the suspension out. I even tore the front shockmount and shocks off with out noticing. I really need longer shocks or limit straps. "

redstang410

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is a close up of the spring pack.

You must be registered for see images attach

Its a bit flatter now that its broke in. But i like the ride height, and the ride is pretty decent. I need to put on the second set of shocks again to help control the wallowing motion, but it doesn't feel like it bottoms out at speed.

homelessduck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can't view the video at the moment .. Is the truck red ? I haven't been on Pirate for a long time but I'm sure I remember you from there .