OEM Freeze Plugs

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
Well, I 'm having a heck of a time finding freeze plugs. International dealer , no go. Local ford dealer don't have em, can't get em and they get em from Napa around the corner. call the Napa, show a number but can't get em cookoo :backoff Still waiting to hear back from the online direct ford parts.

I swear, I have less trouble getting parts out of Sweden and Germany for some of my really oddball diesels than I do for this dang Ford -cuss and for some strange reason it's easier to communicate with the parts people in those countries and English is a second language for them cookoo

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
After racking my brains and running my phone bill up all day trying to find freeze plugs around here with no luck, the nice folks at Direct Ford Parts. Com in Nevada came to the rescue.
And to top it off, the price isn't half bad on those things either, they list for $0.97 ea and their price is $0.68 ea . The part number is E3TZ6026A
They do have a minimum order of $10.95 I got enough to do both the engines I have sitting out now with a few spares to practice on.
Those folks were even nice enough to find a couple of other parts I needed, and while they didn't have them in stock, gave me the number of the dealers who did to save me a few bucks on the things being handled again. A far change from the clowns around here. I only found one dealer in the state who could locate the part number for the plugs and if he ordered them he wanted near $3 ea ( for a part that lists for $0.97 cookoo .

From what I've been able to find out, that Ford, Perfect Seal Sealing Compound, is no longer made, the number is no good, and nobody seems to know what replaced it.

---------Robert

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger