OBS ford key ignition/ cylinder problems. LOCKSMITH OR MECHANIC ADVICE NEEDED PLEASE

motoxkidd_vlogs

Reaction score
-VIDEO ATTACHED AS WELL AS PICTURE------When i went to take my key out the other day it stuck and the whole thing came out and fell apart in my hands.... so i managed to get it back together to the best of my ability but as you can see in the video i attached it wont start for some reason? there's only the one way it could possibly go back together and in so that cant be it. everything works on battery it just wont turn over, like you can see the speedo move a little and everything, but its like some kind of sensor it seems like. im beginning to think its that green part that you see in the pic i attached that i absolutely cannot figure out where it goes or what it does. my ignition has popped out before but not that green thing, and i just plopped it back in and it was fine. now this time all this happened. also i lost one of the golden pins whatever the point of those are.. Not sure if that has anything to do with it either. bottom line is i really dont want to resort to cutting the starter wire and hot wiring it that way, or spending 20$ on a new key thing when i think this one is fine... any advice is appreciative. thanks! its a 93 idi by the way.

Attachments

• bruhkk.wmv
    20.3 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG_20150908_192254.jpg
    IMG_20150908_192254.jpg
    701.9 KB · Views: 17

Double-S-Diesel

parts seller
Reaction score
the gear looking thing needs indexed properly to the plastic rack that actuates the ignition switch.
an alterantive to cutting wires till you get it all together is to pull the ignition switch, 2 t-30 screws and push the pin by hand
shown is the plastic rack it corosponds witt part e723 in the exploded view

quick video I found, not an obs, but similar
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZIIXkPkgLM

Attachments

• large.JPG
    large.JPG
    11.9 KB · Views: 7
  • 5065.png
    5065.png
    22.9 KB · Views: 10
Last edited: