Obs 7.3 turbo

83ford

ford diesel baby
Reaction score
Well after 3 years of my truck knocking and the whole loosing water issue we finally pulled the motor to put another one in.its got stage ones in the motor already they’ve got 500 miles on um this I know cause I got it off my buddys dad that put um in 500 miles before the truck was totaled. But I was wantin to put a new turbo on while I had it out and I found this https://ktperformance.net/i-2391504...HV3fNB25uc3cpnZTXPqZBBSzD8PAaQGkaAmhSEALw_wcB what’s yalls thoughts on it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

83ford

ford diesel baby
Reaction score
It's "okay." For sure do a 1.0 housing with it.
If I were doing it again, I would just do the KC38R.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
Well I wasn’t wantin to spend a whole crap ton right now so if it’s not that great I’m not gonna waste money on it lol. I wanna do a t4 kit so I may just wait and get some stage 3 hybrids and a t4 kit ina year or so

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Then I would probably just wait.
You can get the same style kit on Ebay for cheaper though.

Last edited:

DieselDc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a kcturbo stg2 for 99-03 and it simply rocks.

I also have that kit you linked on another truck of mine and it too rocks. Good reviews on amazon. Many sold on eBay. Haven’t heard anything bad about them.

The only reason I’m not buying another kcturbo is b/c of the price and that I never go above 20psi on a 100hp tune...

With the 66/88 upgrade, I hit 28psi consistently. No surge, and I haven’t got a chance to tow with it - I’m sure it will be better than my stock wheel. Anything’s better than the stock wheel.

I’d say give it a go. I don’t remember the torque specs on rebuilds but it wasn’t my first rebuild. Important to remember is the #15. 15 ft/lbs on all bolts and 12 ft/lbs on the compressor housing. I would go 15 ft/lbs on the compressor as well but the provided bolts were shorter than oem so I didn’t chance it.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
You must be registered for see images attach

—————signature—————
~Don’t overthink something simple~
...:uptight people suck:...

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Didn’t you do one? I forgot now how it performed

Yeah, it wasn't bad. I guess the way I look at it is what's the point, if planning to go bigger in the somewhat near future. Lol

83ford

ford diesel baby
Reaction score
Yeah, it wasn't bad. I guess the way I look at it is what's the point, if planning to go bigger in the somewhat near future. Lol

Ya I don’t like doin things twice[emoji23]I wanna do it once an be done. Only reason imma change the injectors and go bigger in the future is a paid what the injectors alone cost for this complete motor.i wanted to go bigger in mine but where the front of the oil cooler mounts is cracked that’s where my waster leak has been this whole time so hell I’ve now got injectors for my flatbed and can still go bigger without buyin 2 sets of injectors