now THIS needs an IDI!!!

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't say it sucks, I'd just say you'd be asking it to do something it wasn't designed for (which is in where the challange lies ;Really ).

Reaction score
Bringing up an old thread for a friend. My friend Calvin is also working on making up a 6x6. I don't think he has ever seen one before. He will be using a ford frame, not sure what it was, but it had a regular cab on it and a flat bed. He bis planning to use two utility beds and a camper. Here is a quick photoshop I did for him a year or two ago. He has since switched to a blue 76 f350 CC, and I think I have him convinced to put a 6.9 in it.

You must be registered for see images

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That would be really cool. I think it was Big Jake who sucessfully did a dual rear axle, but I don't know where any pictures of it are.

creighta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
did ford make a deuce and a half in the 70's??? My wife and I looked at one last weekend that is setting in the weeds by her parents!!!

only one rear axle, though:(

madcj8

Reaction score
here is an idea, just toss a set of semi axles underneath it, and air brakes........:peelout

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
And what exactly do 6 52" military tires cost? :eek:
Go and hit up govliquidation.com and you can get a whole stack of em pretty cheap. Just gotta find a base closeby to make it worth the while.

Freight_Train

Traitor to the brotherhood
Reaction score
nope.only deuce and a halfs in the 70s was AM General(some 70 and 71 models had JEEP General Products Division on the data plate but were AM Generals).Before that there was Reo,Supidbaker,Kaiser,and before the modern deuce was GMC

IHWillys

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And what exactly do 6 52" military tires cost? :eek:

Actually relatively cheap via surplus as long as shipping isn't involved. They're so big the demand for them is not high and they sell for less than the 40-45" range tires do.

Ken

Freight_Train

Traitor to the brotherhood
Reaction score
well,if you bought them direct.....I would guess about a grand each.....buy them surplus....about 500 bucks for 6 of them......buy them from a surplus dealer about a grand for 6 maybe significantly less depending on where you go and condition.I can buy brand new Mich 11.00x20 XL tread for $150 each or 100 bones for 80-90% tread....Much smaller than the monster truck wanna be tires the bling bling 4x4 crowd like and you can still fit them on an un-modified deuce on stock wheels(duals on rear).Much larger and you have to make custom links and springs for the rear since they will touch....and you will hit the bed when it articulates.Suckers will tuck a wheel.

spencnaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Forget the recip engines I'd put a helicopter turbine in there out of a CH-47 Chinook!

colotow

I refuse to grow up
Reaction score
Check out a site called www.usa6x6.com, they do 6x6 conversions and sell the kits.
also, last year, some of the diesel truck mag's did stories on homebrewed conversions, but i already mailed them home, try 8-lug and diesel power or diesel truck world, it was in one of them

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online