not sure to commit

dodge_is_diesel

Reaction score
my truck is an 02 dodge 3/4 ton 5-speed. it has a tst powermax 3 in it and an s&b cold air intake. it has 152000 miles on it right now. what is the normal lifespan on these 24 valve trucks? if it is a long time then i want to put some more money into it and upgrade the turbo and add more fuel. thanks

rubberfish

Reaction score
Many will say that 150K is just getting broken in.
Your motor should last 500K if you look after it.
Welcome to the site. :cheers:

harley152

Reaction score
yup---its a half million mile motor with decent maintenance and then they still run---their just tired!!!

Jerry

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Agreed they're a half million mile engine easy when taken care of with a few exeptions........
  1. Rubberfish owns it-Flame Thr
  2. Argve owns it:peelout
  3. Rubberfish sends you nicely wrapped "MOD" packages.....with "special instructions":smoke:
  4. You hand either one of them the keys and they say "Hold my beer and watch this":rock: ......Of course they'll finish the beer first before handing yo u the empty can:drunk:

:D ;Poke :popcorn :popcorn :popcorn

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Hey now I resemble that remark ;burnout :peelout ;Sweet

The Cummins engine is rated for 300K by Cummins (I read that somewhere - I think it was in the TDR magazine). Now that said if you keep up on the general maintenance and don't smash the go pedal when you are below 1500 rpms then all will be good (Cummins actually considers full throttle operation under 1500rpms as abuse - I read that on their website under some tech memo's they have available).

I have currently 238k miles on mine and would not think twice about hopping behind the wheel with the family to head for Kalifornica...

So yep let the games begin.... ;Sweet

dodge_is_diesel

Reaction score
thanks guys. i dont tow much with it and maintenance is top notch. im glad to know that because i plan on upgrading it more now

Mopar1973Man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my truck is an 02 dodge 3/4 ton 5-speed. it has a tst powermax 3 in it and an s&b cold air intake. it has 152000 miles on it right now. what is the normal lifespan on these 24 valve trucks? if it is a long time then i want to put some more money into it and upgrade the turbo and add more fuel. thanks

I just saw a 1992 with 598K on the clock and it runs like a champ! :D