Not looking to be swonked but..... (no, not selling the truck)

4x4TruckinGirl

"Cowgirl"
Reaction score
So I may have an oppurtunity to purchase a 97 (i think) 2500 cummins..... reg cab long bed. been a farm truck mostly, 5 speed, 4x4.... so it's the 12valve, good motor to have.... :thumbsup: truck has been owned by one person it's whole life, and has always been a good running truck., mechanically sound, the bed would depart and in place would be a flatbed since it's dented up....... What is this truck worth in ya'lls opinion? Do I need to look for anything special if I check the truck out. The person who owns it wouldn't lie bout it, it has 200XXX miles on it. If it would be reliable I'd go for it, cause my trucks giving me all kinds of grief at the momentee..... any thoughts? :dunno

it may be the dark side, but heck it's a 12 valve.......:D

jperecko

Diesel Ape
Reaction score
I do not watch reg. cab prices really as it would not be for me... but out here (far from you) would fetch maybe 6-7k. But like I said, I do not watch the regular cabs much... so I could be off.

Devilish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Kelly blue book in your area values fot truck 210,000 miles fair condition didn't value extras
private party = $5300
trade in value = $3200

try to get it for $2500-3200 if miles are higher than 20,000 over my est. drop by $100 for every 15-20k

www.kbb.com

69oiler

I don't feel tardy
Reaction score
if you can live with the regular cab that would be a nice truck for work/towin

DeepRoots

Tug Engineer
Reaction score
why not just figure out whats wrong with your truck?

if you're just looking to get into a dodge, go for it.

69dieselfreak

well that nice
Reaction score
its a 12valve with a p-pump the dodge truck is going to fall apart around that drive train and then itll be ready to go into your ford
i wouldnt pay more than 7k

4x4TruckinGirl

"Cowgirl"
Reaction score
Cat, you know it.....lol. I should be finding out tomorrow what they want for it.....

Trust me, I try and figure out whats wrong with my truck, actually tried to fix it 3 times now and no dice, i love that truck so thats why i won't sell it, i'll get it going better, but still if I can get this truck cheap, put a flatbed on it, i don't care that it's a regular cab at least i'll have some options......

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cat, you know it.....lol. I should be finding out tomorrow what they want for it.....

Trust me, I try and figure out whats wrong with my truck, actually tried to fix it 3 times now and no dice, i love that truck so thats why i won't sell it, i'll get it going better, but still if I can get this truck cheap, put a flatbed on it, i don't care that it's a regular cab at least i'll have some options......

Oh geez, see that's what happens when you talk to Cat too much, you get the flatbed bug! :backoff

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If it's a 97 farm truck and has 200XXX miles on it, that's 17,000 miles a year about. Seem's to me that's a lot of mile's per year for a farm truck. They would have to Farm to Market 10 hrs. a day and make the BJ run every nite. $2500 Top's for a Drudge.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Buy it but... Be warned about the smell of wet goat hair from now on...:rotflmao Really... Whats going on with your second idi that we can't help you fix??? Maybe some need to do a road trip to you with some ideas...:dunno

Last edited:

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
^^^ Exactly what I was thinking. That dodge is gonna be a real PITA girl. Yea the engine and tranny wont give up on you, but those trucks suck for even a DD situation. Never known any other truck to have as many brake jobs, front end repairs and suspension problems as a dodge of that era. My dads shop has one and its ALWAYS in the frickin garage.

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Only cause someone told be they saw a red flatbed on craigslist for a good deal..... ;Poke

I shot myself in the foot on that one, didn't I? LOL

Sam, what's wrong with your truck? I know of the boost leaks and the mysterious oil leak, anything else added to those?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online