Northeast 2006 rally

Which is the best time to have this Rally?

• Mid July

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Late July

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Early August

Votes: 2 33.3%

• Total voters

ktpauley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is an event that started as the Northeast Powerstroke Rally. As of last year it ceased to exist. There is a member on TDS the has a resort near Mechanicville, N. Y. He and I have been discussing making this an all brands rally. What dates are good for everyone?

AMMODYTE

Reaction score
As far as I'm concerned, the closer to Labor Day, the better!

AMMO

Cowboy_Customs

Rhinestone Cowboy
Reaction score
I think Id deffinatly be up for it, not too far from me. I know my GF took 2 weeks off sometime in August, but it would be a nice daytrip. It makes no difference to me when it is, so i'll be watchin for it. BTW Im an IDI guy. ;Sweet

:draw

ktpauley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cowboy_Customs said:
I think Id deffinatly be up for it, not too far from me. I know my GF took 2 weeks off sometime in August, but it would be a nice daytrip. It makes no difference to me when it is, so i'll be watchin for it. BTW Im an IDI guy. ;Sweet

:draw

Cowboy_Customs, it doesn't matter if you are an IDI guy. In emailing Wayne (fordt) we thought it would be better to make this an all brands event. In previous years this was a Powerstroke event. Keith

ktpauley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I emailed several companies regarding the event. this is the reply I got from Cummins.

"Summary: EveryTime.Cummins.com Comments

Solution:
Thanks for your Email message.

Sorry we can not help you.

You should buy a Dodge/Cummins and go to the TDR rallies.

You luck on your project.

We thank you for your interest in Cummins products. Please let us know if you
need assistance in locating the nearest Cummins-authorized Dealer or Distributor
Service Provider. For assistance in locating a Service Provider, feel free to
use Cummins North America Dealer Locator, which can be found on Cummins website:

http://wsl.cummins.com/ServiceLocator/jsp/controller.jsp?action=servicelocator

Please let us know if you have other questions and if away from your computer or
have a time-critical request that needs more urgent attention, feel free to call
us toll-free (from North America) at 1-800-DIESELS (343-7357).

Email direct: [email protected]

Regards,
--
Powermaster
Customer Assistance Center
Cummins, Inc.
Columbus, Indiana, USA

Free QuickServe Online for Consumers http://quickserve.cummins.com

Details:

Comments:
Some of us are attempting to resurrect what was previously called the Northeast
Powerstroke Rally as an all brands event. We are looking for vendors/exhibiters
to attend. This event is being held at a resort near Mechanicville, N. Y. The
time frame is late July. Thank you for your time. Keith"

ktpauley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Makes you wonder about their customer service. I didn't even tell them what I drive. You would think they would want to brag how much better the Cummins in compared to everything else. Keith

ktpauley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I haven't heard from Wayne about that. I did contact the Powerstroke guys and they may be there with the trailer. Eric from Innovative Diesel is going to make it. Keith

ktpauley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wayne/Fordt sent me an email asking me to contact the resort directly. I gave them dates of July 27 to July 31. They have a group of 150 there from July 22 through July 29. I then asked about Aug. 2 through Aug 8. I haven't gotten a response for the Aug. dates. Idon' know how everone feels about the noise we will create with the dyno and possilby a pulling event. Do we want to disturb the other people or will our event draw some of them. I'm open to suggestions. Keith

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
The response from Cummins does not surprise me because I think Ron Patton (owner of TDR) is a retired Cummins Employee which started the TDR thing back when he worked there so it's only natural for them to show loyality to his group - then the fact that they working very very closely with the TDR group for the IRP Group down in Indy by having a "Gray haired trailer trash meets Young punks in trucks" (I think that is what they called it this year) get together in Columbus at the engine factory the weekend of IRP DHRA Event.

ktpauley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That would explain their response. Maybe I should send them another email asking if they are chicken to show up to an event with Fords. :rotflmao Keith

ktpauley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As a follow-up, the dates are Aug. 2 through Aug. 8. These dates are better for the resort. Thanks Wayne for your help. Keith

Cowboy_Customs

Rhinestone Cowboy
Reaction score
Excellent, I'll plan on at least one day. What are the directions to the resort? should I be calling to make reservations for a spot to camp out, or how is this all workin? Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle