No wts light , new controller, relay, gp...

Kevo1288

Full Access Member
Reaction score
New gp controller and relay, motor craft, new gp as well zd9s is this thing hooked up properly the extra big eyelet is for my fuel pump... still no wait to start light

You must be registered for see images attach

MtnHaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did you hook up the plastic connector below?

You must be registered for see images attach

Kevo1288

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Before this the wts light would come on for a second n shut off then went to not coming on at all.

MtnHaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do you get the on and off clicking when you turn the key?

Checked for a melted GP harness connector?

renjaminfrankln

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What wires do you have connected to the bottom right terminal of the relay?

It looks like you have the red wire from the GP controller, the two red wires are positive from your ignition switch, then the big eyelet is a positive to run your fuel pump.

If thats the case then it seems like it is hooked up correctly to me. One thing you could check is the voltage at the positive terminal with your fuel pump running. Is it possible the current draw from the pump is causing low voltage there, so its not enough to activate the GP controller?

Kevo1288

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bottom right has two reds the double red and single smaller red. As well as key on power to my fuel pump.

renjaminfrankln

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pulled the pump eyelet off and still nothing.

Check from your ground to the bottom right post with ignition on, should be getting a good 12v. Also can't hurt to check from the ground to the battery positive cable for good 12v as well.

If that all checks out .. it looks like it hooked up right to me. Next thing to check would be the connections and wiring harness to your glow plugs. If several of them are not connected the resistance could be so far off that the controller won't tell the relay to click on at all.

Last edited:

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jump the two large terminals and it will glow the plugs that are connected. It ought to be enough to get the truck started. You can test the relay by grounding the white wire and that will bypass the controller. You should hear a loud click when you do that otherwise the relay is bad.

Kevo1288

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think all my gp are bad , or the relay, damnit. No click and it didn’t work. Trucks started cuz it starts for me no matter what but it’d start much easier with glow plugs

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online