No voltage to FIPL

NTOLERANCE

I'm the cotton swab
Reaction score
My e4od started acting up again I have second and third. I have no pos voltage going to the FIPL. Fuses good. I must've lost a wire connection somewhere this past winter and then it came back. Now it's gone 100%.

Anyone have a schematic? I'm going to trace Down wires.

90 E350 club wagon.

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
full

FORDF250HDXLT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
full

Save that to your pc and then you can zoom way in where ya need.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

FORDF250HDXLT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
How ya making out? Find any power or ground issues to the TECA? If it's well grounded and receiving power but no power is coming out, I guess it's toast? If it doesn't receive power,the OD cancel light should be on dimly all the time.

When your testing for power at the FIPL/TPS are you using a well known ground source,like the terminal right on the trucks battery for your multimeter?
I ask because,if your using the TPS ground harness and that is what is bad,then it'll trick ya.
Though I suspect you would have already long since tested the ground for resistance anyway,never hurts to see what steps someone is on,just to make sure.

If it turns out you need to replace it with a reman,here are the updated parts #'s.She'll be controlled much better (perfectly imo.i wouldn't change a thing) with one of these.

full

Last edited:

NTOLERANCE

I'm the cotton swab
Reaction score
Sorry - been swamped. There is a black wire going to the trans controller. Its been cut out of the harness and there is a blue wire taped to it. This blue wire is wrapped around the left head lamp. I assumed this blue wire was for some sort of extra lighting the PO had. Well its not need to find out if its supposed to get pos or neg power. not sure this is my issue but its clearly something that need attention

NTOLERANCE

I'm the cotton swab
Reaction score
Ok. The black wire is number 7 which according the the schematic goes to the trans temp sensor. It's never been hooked up since I got the van.

NTOLERANCE

I'm the cotton swab
Reaction score
Found it. It was the relay. It would carry voltage but not a load. How much current can the ecu pull ? Well It's fixed at any rate.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
William88

Members online