No power to diesel indicator lamps

Huntersmith18

Reaction score
hi I am new to the forum I have a 93 f350 crew cab dually with a 7.3 idi non turbo I have had the truck for a few years now and just started messing with my warning lights the glow plug system works fine I know of one bad glow plug that is stuck in the engine all of the other 7 are new motorcraft truck starts perfect but none of my diesel indicator lights seem to work no wait to start light no water in fuel light no fuel filter light or anything that I can tell I checked the fuse are these lights supposed to come on when you turn the key on or only if there is a problem thanks for any help ahead of time

Cubey

Van dweller
Reaction score
hi I am new to the forum I have a 93 f350 crew cab dually with a 7.3 idi non turbo I have had the truck for a few years now and just started messing with my warning lights the glow plug system works fine I know of one bad glow plug that is stuck in the engine all of the other 7 are new motorcraft truck starts perfect but none of my diesel indicator lights seem to work no wait to start light no water in fuel light no fuel filter light or anything that I can tell I checked the fuse are these lights supposed to come on when you turn the key on or only if there is a problem thanks for any help ahead of time

They have plain ol light bulbs inside. They could be burned out, though it seems unlikely since my 87 F250 and 85 E350 WTS bulbs are still good; but you never know! You have to kind of break the thing open to check them however. It is probably easier to try to put 12v directly to the bulb wires.

Huntersmith18

Reaction score
Well I checked and I had one bad bulb on the fuel filter light all the rest are good could 1 bad glow plug make my wait to start light not work and should the other lights come on when I am starting the truck

Huntersmith18

Reaction score
Ok everyone thanks for the input I got it all working I don’t have many answers but I will lay out what I got so oddly enough the day I posted this they all came on for the first time the best I can figure is mabye I had a bad connection at a fuse because I pulled them all and put them back none where blown when they all came on for the first time I guess it was too much for them after so long and it blew all the bulbs I put new bulbs in which are #37 bulbs for the diesel indicator lamp #194 is for all of the other instrument cluster lights and blinker indicators

Huntersmith18

Reaction score
Also for anyone who is curious from what I can tell the wait to start light comes on when you turn the key on and then the other 3 the engine temp, water in fuel, and fuel filter lights come on during cranking

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Also for anyone who is curious from what I can tell the wait to start light comes on when you turn the key on and then the other 3 the engine temp, water in fuel, and fuel filter lights come on during cranking
That sounds about right from what I can remember.