no fuel to injectors

ben

Reaction score
I have a 1990 F-350 w/ 7.3, it's not getting any fuel to the injectors. I have fuel from the fuel pump, and fuel after the filter. I have removed the return to the tank and I'm still getting no fuel at the top of the injectors. I have checked the solenoid to make sure there is power (and there is). Is there anything other than the injector pump that could cause this...or is there another way to verify that the injector pump is bad.
Thanks, Ben

SKimballC

Reaction score
It sounds like your fuel shutoff solenoid is bad.
This post should be moved over to the IDI forum and you'll get replies like flies on stink.
BTW, welcome to the site. The IDI forum is pretty hoppin', so you can usually get quick help down there. Not as many folks cruise the front page.

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Ben,

When power is applied to the fuel shut off solenoid can you hear it click inside? If so then I would say that you have a bad injection pump that will need to be swapped out, now if no click then the soleniod in the top cover has gone bad. You can swap just this out or could just get a new injection pump... But as you know it's a pretty simply system... you have verified that you have fuel all the way to the injection pump and have verified that you have good solid power to it, so that only leaves the items I mentioned above. Now a weak injection pump can still push fuel but if the pump encountered an air pocket (from either a recent filter change or ran out of fuel) it will have problems priming... I have had some luck in the past by taking loose at least 4 injeciton lines at the injectors then cranking the snot out of her... Might work to at least get her running for a couple of days but if the solenoid is clicking then I would be getting a replacement pump on the way...

hypermax22

sled puller
Reaction score
sounds like to me its air locked crack open the line on top the injectors like argve said and see if it gets any fuel to come out the top of the injector and if it does go through and do every one to get all the air out of the system. would do one at a time but you can do four two these guys seem to know there ****