Newbie Plz Help

mmcdonald14

Reaction score
I am a new diesel owner and not really certain about maintenance and was hoping for some help. A little about my truck '05 F-250 4x4, 4" lift, 35/60/R20 Toyo A/T Tires, 4" MBRP Cat Backed Exhaust, AFE Stage 2 Cold Air Intake, Edge Juice (Platinum) w/ Attitude. I live In Northern California

Recommended Motor Oil, Fuel Additive? How often should I change the fuel filter? Any helpful info appreciated.

jharvey

Shutter Bug
Reaction score
Howdy, welcome to OB!!

On oil, use whatever you're comfortable with as long it's CI 4+ rated, I use Rotella T 15-40 and have had no problems.

As far as filter changes go follow the maintenance schedule in the owners manual and you won't have any problems their. I change oil and filter every 5k miles and fuel filters every 10k.

On the edge setup I do not know anything about them, most folks use a SCT with custom tunes and are very satisfied.

Welcome once again and enjoy your stay

John

tgatch

Reaction score
Ok... to add to what John just said.

I change my oil every 5,000. Get a quality Filter from Napa, or if your Wal-mart carries motorcraft filters for your truck go there.

I change my fuel filters every 15,000. Some change them every 10,000.

Fuel filters are expensive from ford, and off name brands may not have the white membrane around the pleats to be a water separator. I have found you can order the filters straight from International. The filters you have to order are for the VT275 even though our engine is technically a VT365.

Below is the part number:

International #: 1847170C92

JohnBoyToo

Reaction score
HI Mac - I responded to your question about the ford owners web site on that other site - Welcome to this one as well :)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7