New truck; milky oil, hard start.

tapdancewilly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well as stated above I have a good oil leak from unknown locations and coolant in my oil, so a oil cooler is probably a good start.

Sent from my XT1055 using Tapatalk

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
It's easy/cheap enough that it is a good starting point.

Start it when it's real cold with no block heater, should be able to find the oil leak fairly easy, if it's leaking very fast.

Sent from my USCC-C6721 using Tapatalk

04_6.0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just wanted to give an update. I got sent out of country for work but have been keeping in touch with diesel repair shop back home. They said everything is together and running great. Truck rides and drives well. They also fixed the a/c system for me and got the air moving from defrost to all other positions. They fixed the a/c system and vents for free. Sounds like a shop that may have a new customer. I just wanted to say thank you for the help that yall have given me throughout this entire process.

On another note my friend has a 92 idi and yesterday he called me upset that he now has milky oil. Crazy thing is he just drove it (8 days ago) 700 miles to florida and picked up a used rzr. Nothing seemed out of place and nothing went wrong. He drained his oil system and had 1-2 gallons of water come out. He said that he can top off the radiator wait 10-15 minutes and open the oil drain plug again and have the same amount of water come out of the oil pan!!! Is there something simple seems like a lot of coolant for cavitation or a blown headgasket. He has ran sca in it since about 2009 and has put 50-60k on the truck since then. I Gave him the advice that you all gave me and he is going to do a compression test and check for obvious things. He is suppossed to start a sccount here and do some reading. Just wanted him to be able to get a headstart onthings.

04_6.0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
TTT anyone have advice for me to pass along to my friend? We are going to work on it this weekend. Thanks!!