New to me

stumiister

Diesel Truck Tech
Reaction score
I know this isnt the right forum but I will get more input here than anywhere else.
I just purchased a new to me 1993 Mercedes Benz E 300 Diesel, not sure the engine size but it is a 6cyl na diesel with just over 200k on the clock and its not in that bad of shape for me to be the 4th owner.

idi_econoline

No Bed For Me!
Reaction score
Whoa, stumiister. MBs can be a pricey production if things need fixing, but the engineering's hard to beat. Best of luck on your new wheels!

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
it just says Attachment 44051. we can't see it.:(

edit;
oh she's there today.that's sharp! id run it!:)

Last edited:

stumiister

Diesel Truck Tech
Reaction score
I noticed this morning after I had the car running the gp light came for about a minute, then went out, but when I first turned the key no light would this be a GP controller gone bad? Is it possible to put a push button for the GP's like I did in my truck?

idi_econoline

No Bed For Me!
Reaction score
I imagine that a glow plug bypass button is possible, but I haven't touched a 300D in maybe 30 years. And I think that was to change the glow plug fuse! Just need to identify the circuit involved. Don't know if the controller's inside or up front.

Sorry to see that the MB community on OB is almost non-existent. I see you've been to that forum, stumiister, but not much response.

Hope you have a nice, safe garage to park that ride in. Stockton's almost as bad with car thefts as we are a few miles to the north! And that's a pretty Mercedes.

Kevin 007

Full-floater
Reaction score
Im certainly up for the Mercedes discussion. I believe the W123 chassis is the best car ever built, in almost every respect. Im partial to the 240 with 4 speed manual trans.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online