New to me idi

Deezelcaddy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been a long time lurker absorbing all the great info on this site in preparation for the purchase of my first diesel truck. Yesterday I became the proud owner of a 92 Ford 7.3 crew cab long bed xlt 5spd 4x4 Dually ats turbo kit solid front axle posi rear 212k with a Meyer power angle, 5th wheel, brake controller, west coast mirrors, and no rust. I think that is everything I was supposed to look for judging from the advice on the forum. I paid 5500 which might be a bit high but rust free trucks bring a premium here in the NE and it had a lot of options I needed ( plow, crew cab etc) It was only used to plow a guys drive way until he got a high lift. Mainly he just pulled a 5th wheel camper with it in the summer. He was a truck driver and kept excellent records. I got a book with a detail of everything done since 99 (fluid changes, mechanical work etc) Thanx in advance for the help I will surely need in the future.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. Sounds like you got plenty for the money. Being a ZF5 speed dually crewcab makes this rig a very special rig. We like to see pictures too and please ask any questions you might think of. I'm sure they have been asked before but thats what makes this forum the best. People helping others..
Before you buy any fuel related parts please read the forum called... The Hall of Shame. Lots of tuff articles about sellers that are less than trustworthy in that forum.

Tim4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A crew cab. Longbed. Dually. With a plow.

That's a mans truck right there. A real man.

Sounds like you did pretty good.

terryh

Reaction score
A crew cab, long bed, dually, 5sp, 4x4 with no rust and a turbo = score!!! ;Sweet

X-NRCan_IDI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that sounds like one sweet rig! And we need pics! Some would go so far as to say "Pics or it didn't happen!"
CC LB dually with a plow... hope you don't have to do too many tiny, tight driveways... LOL

Deezelcaddy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pix are coming as soon as I figure out how. I do have one question, does this thing have a cup holder? If not, what is the standard upgrade to add one? Thanx in advance.

X-NRCan_IDI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
link won't open for me.
Mine doesn't have one... but its also just bench seats in a base model. I just grabbed a generic/universal plastic cupholder out of one of my other vehicles. I'm sure there are nicer/better options.

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yesterday I became the proud owner of a 92 Ford 7.3 crew cab long bed xlt 5spd 4x4 Dually ats turbo kit solid front axle posi rear 212k with a Meyer power angle, 5th wheel, brake controller, west coast mirrors, and no rust.
I paid 5500 which might be a bit high

wow,say that 10 times fast.:D
not for a setup like that, it isn't high at all.dang good deal.
iv never seen this setup before.can't wait.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SixFourShanks08

Members online