New to me 94 IDIT rescue.

ShadetreeV

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great info on the block numbers. I'll have to check in the morning.
I've seen the heim conversion for the master cyl link and plan to upgrade but the play is in the pedal side.

ShadetreeV

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Checked the numbers this morning . Looks to be the genuine article from the numbers you all referenced.
Curious about the intercooler as well it's huge! It looks purpose made but the rest of the pipes are obviously home brewed
Got the wiring mostly sorted and ready for some loom wrap, hoping to find a dash and heater core housing soon.

You must be registered for see images attach

ShadetreeV

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also wondering if the Front axle is stock. Looks like a ball joint D60. P.o said it may have been swapped but unsure.
It's an F250. The GVWR tag says 8800lb.

Another odd bit is the tailgate has a big roll-along badge.

pelky350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks a straight axle, f250 did not come with them, 99% sure it's a Dana 60 thTs what usually put in place of the twin traction beAm when doing a swap

ShadetreeV

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's solid axle for sure. I thought there were a few variations in the f250 range . I've seen the ttb setup on Gasser's and 7.3 autos. And some had solid axles but usually a d50?

Thatoneguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man before you out a dash in I would strongly recommend clearing out that rust on there!

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Macrobb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Never seen a F-250 with a stock solid axle, not in the IDI days.
That was a F-350 feature or retrofit only.

ShadetreeV

Full Access Member
Reaction score
point taken on the axle retrofit. A bit green still with knowing the ins and outs of these trucks .
This thing is actually really rust free.What you're seeing there is the charred left overs from the inferno.

Thatoneguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
point taken on the axle retrofit. A bit green still with knowing the ins and outs of these trucks .
This thing is actually really rust free.What you're seeing there is the charred left overs from the inferno.
Good! Kinda hard to tell on my phone. Rust sucks man.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

ShadetreeV

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got a little more done today. Haven't had much time with all the other projects in the mix.
Dropped the steering wheel, of course I forgot my puller kit so I left the wheel intact and just disconnected at the joint. Yarded the support bracket for the column and ebrake mount. Now I can really clean the rest of the harness up without all the crap in the way, pedal box is out and after removing the arm the culprit has been found. Friggin plastic bushing is wasted as suspected

ShadetreeV

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First, I was wrong about the truck having no rust.. this box is covered in it, will fix that soon . Found this piece fell out out of the worn end of the pedal bushings. Is supposed to be an adapter for the plastic bushing on the master cylinder connection. This one's done lost its pivoting properties, is it supposed to fall out like this or stay captive in the housing?

Also, found the factory Ford kit number is F3TZ-2C342-A for the bushing kit. Better deal on Amazon than lmc truck. Every dollar I can save on this goes to the other rigs....

compressionignitionrules

Full Access Member
Reaction score
this purchase is looking better and better, the more you find out about it. have you already done your transfer? hate to see you do a lot of work and then find out its not what it was purchased as. its something to look into before you invest too much time and/or money. sorry for being the pessimist in crowd , but I've been there before. :frustrate

cheers James

ShadetreeV

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wise words. I wouldnt call it pessimism, just a cautious approach . I'm sure this deal will work out in due time. I need a good tow rig and this fits the bill. It was a DD before all the crap happened with the fire and the shop who was attempting to perform some fuel system fixes wasn't at fault as the fire was caused by shoddy wiring on the under cab conversion. Multiple wire gauges smashed together butt connectors insulated with duct tape.. a real mess. I've replaced all of that with 0awg heavy duty cable I had laying around. Total I have into repairs is about $100 with an oil change and parts including a new clutch slave. Not too bad so far.
Slow progress this week. Blasted the pedal housing and degreased some other bits.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ramtough01

Members online