New to IDI buyers guide

jhnyct

Reaction score
I have just recently started to take interest in the Ford IDI trucks. My background is in the IH SV gas motors, being a Scout guy and all. I have been searching around and reading on this site for a few days now trying to learn as much as possible before I purchase my first diesel. I guess my question is, what are some things I should be looking for, and/or avoiding in these trucks? Are there certain models that tend to have common issues that I would be wise to steer clear of?

My intention is for it to be a capable tow rig for my off road trail truck.

jhnyct

Reaction score
Thank you! I have no idea how I missed that thread in the tech section.:dunno That is exactly what I was looking for.;Sweet

Michael Fowler

Reaction score
jhnyct,
First off, welcome to the wonderful world of IDI!!

Second--if you are not already doing something for the 4th of July, you could visit with the folks at the MidAtlantic rally--see the thread at the top of the page. Many experts ( so-called, and real ones) will be together for the weekend. Perhaps the greatest concentration of IDI knowledge anywhere on the planet. Come on--Georgia is not too far.
You do not need to own an IDI---just come and get acquainted!!

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We have a contingient from Georgia coming already, so you could always convoy.

jhnyct

Reaction score
That sounds good, but it looks like I am going to be at River Rock ORV in Milledgeville, GA wheeling that weekend. I will definately enjoy looking at the pics and hopefully video from that gathering.