New TC

96_Bear

Shane
Reaction score
I got my new TC in and put a Sonnex Boost Valve in the pump. I have like 310,000+ on the trans no rebuild just 3 converter since I got the truck. I am going to run a live data on it tomorrow to see if the new valve increased the line pressure like they claim. I seen like 5 psi at idle and 140 or so when I was checking 1/4 miles data I will see what the new numbers are and if it was worth it. I was wondering if I should put a kit in the Valve body to help with soft shifts also and with as many miles as I have on it if it would be worth it?

Last edited:

96_Bear

Shane
Reaction score
Everything works great. Line pressure is steady lower than what I think it should be. The max psi we seen was 63 so i think it can improve. I noticed that 2nd gear is mushy but everything else is great. The valve body upgrade you are talking about is that the Tri Accum spring thing from Sonnex?

96_Bear

Shane
Reaction score
Hey thanks for the reply. The place I got my parts from is called Decca Detroit. They said they sold a shift kit for $45 that I have to drill hole in the valve body and stuff and repalce some parts to make it shift better and fmore firm shifts.