New TC

96_Bear

Shane
Reaction score
I got my new TC in and put a Sonnex Boost Valve in the pump. I have like 310,000+ on the trans no rebuild just 3 converter since I got the truck. I am going to run a live data on it tomorrow to see if the new valve increased the line pressure like they claim. I seen like 5 psi at idle and 140 or so when I was checking 1/4 miles data I will see what the new numbers are and if it was worth it. I was wondering if I should put a kit in the Valve body to help with soft shifts also and with as many miles as I have on it if it would be worth it?

Last edited:

96_Bear

Shane
Reaction score
Everything works great. Line pressure is steady lower than what I think it should be. The max psi we seen was 63 so i think it can improve. I noticed that 2nd gear is mushy but everything else is great. The valve body upgrade you are talking about is that the Tri Accum spring thing from Sonnex?

96_Bear

Shane
Reaction score
Hey thanks for the reply. The place I got my parts from is called Decca Detroit. They said they sold a shift kit for $45 that I have to drill hole in the valve body and stuff and repalce some parts to make it shift better and fmore firm shifts.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin