New stuff!!!!

Timthetoolman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just rebuilt my front end today, wow she drives much better, no loose play, TIGHT :thumbsup:

New drag link, tie rod ends, new stabilizer, holy cow what a difference.

Also check out my new 4 inch over axle pipe from NAPA, gonna run her on out the back, as you can see in the pic my pipe now is just too low and don't look right under the running boards. Had it under the boards for two years now, time for something new.

Attachments

• IMG_4195.JPG
    IMG_4195.JPG
    84 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_4196.JPG
    IMG_4196.JPG
    73.2 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_4197.JPG
    IMG_4197.JPG
    72 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_4198.JPG
    IMG_4198.JPG
    54.6 KB · Views: 15

Timthetoolman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea man just like that, can't find the receipt, I got the part number at work, I will post it later, it was $50.

sassyrel

Reaction score
orrrrrr--i just got the whole system from the downpipe back off a 1999 pwrstrk---it aint 4--believe 3 1/2--but--the price was only 60 clams--and fits all the hangers--just have to adapt the front part----looks origaanal--and i spelled it that way---

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice score on the exhaust pipe, but why do you have a stabilizer on the drag-link? I had one of these on my '78 F150 with the 14"-wide mud slingers, but my dually now drives like a sports car compared to that 4x4 beast, I don't think it needs a stabilizer - does yours really benefit from it? How is it attached to the frame, can you please take a picture of it whenever you have a chance? Thanks!

Oh, and by the way I just made my diesel breathe out better, only I too the cheap way out and straight-piped it - thought it will be real lond, but it ain't I actually really like how it sounds now with no muffler :D

Timthetoolman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Apparently it came with one, it listed it in the parts breakdown, I will get a pic later. It mounted to the frame and clamped on the drag link.

Right now I have three inch pipe half the way back and then the shorter 4 inch, with this 4 inch over axle pipe I'm gonna run it 4 from the three inch down pipe at the turbo all the way out the back with no muffler, then a 5 inch chrome tip 14 inches long. The NAPA pipe is a little short at the end, doesn't stick out very far. -Flame Thr

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Apparently it came with one, it listed it in the parts breakdown, I will get a pic later. It mounted to the frame and clamped on the drag link.
yeah, I see the clamped end, if you can snap a pic of the bracket on the other end some time that will be great, thanks.