New Motor

fastass350

SStock8569
Reaction score
Finally bit the bullet and bought a reman long block from a local company. After spending yesterday evening/night in the garage, as well as mostly all day today, getting parts cleaned up and swapped over, and naturally all painted up, it's sitting in the truck ready for the trans and everything to be bolted up, and hopefully fired up by lunchtime tomorrow. Definitely excited for a fresh motor with reliability!
The best part of the truck being so tall is I can sit on my ass and wrench on things underneath...but it's almost too tall when I put the 5spd in by hand, kinda at my limits of reach ;Sweet

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Glad things are moving along so nicely. Tell us about the motor... Turbo upgraded or bored over....:dunno What was done to this motor like maybe studs because you plan on a turbo later on....:sly

fastass350

SStock8569
Reaction score
I actually forgot to ask if it was bored, to save time I ended up buying a pre built long block from them. 2800 bucks, sleeved #8, new wrist pin bushings, all new timing gears, fuel pump eccentric, rockers, lifters, cam, mahle pistons, pushrods, they machine and test fit the intake, rebuilt oil pump. Seemed good to me. I didn't do the turbo upgrade as I'll never run a turbo on this truck, if I need a turbo, I'll drive the other truck (which I won't call it what it is since it's not an IDI) :angel:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
REM70