New mirrors

Dieselmaster

Diesel addict
Reaction score
Hey guys,,,

I figure if we are going to get the tech side of this going then I need to stop asking for help at the other site and just work on getting help here...

Well anyways... I recently aquired a new set of tow mirrors for my truck... I had the tow mirrors before but the 99's weren't the kind that telescope in and out... mine were just always out... also these are the real new one with the heater in the mirror and turn signal on the side....

Have any of you hooked up a set of these with all these extra gadgets? I figure that I will have to run wires for it so I am looking for ideas on where to tie into and such...

I am going to hook up a power block behind the access panel for my extra KC's and other power items so I figure I can just run a hot over to the heater line on a timed switch... but where do you think is the best spot to find turn signal lines... The main harness under the steering column or off of the signals themselves? if I grab them from the steering column do any of your know the wire colors?

I need to get my self a service manual on CD because I hate having to trace out all this stuff manually...

Whit

Reaction score
The wiring MAY be in the door already, sometimes they wire things for all the gadgets even if all the gadgets do get ordered. Look in there before you get goin too far:confused: Course Ford prolly has some better idea LOL JK

Cheers, Kevin

Dieselmaster

Diesel addict
Reaction score
Hey Kev,

I am only wired for the motor to move the mirrors....

Mines a 99 and these are off of an 04...

I have two wires in the door... the mirrors have a 6wire plug...

I was hoping to get lucky and thought maybe Ford had looked ahead but no luck....

I don't mind the wiring... just having ot look it all up and figure out whats what...

Whit

Reaction score
One of these Ford boys has got to have some info on the wiring fer ya man.....................hey Ford boys :yell: :yell: :yell:

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Shoot, I have to move my mirrors by hand on my shoebox, and the only time they see heat is when the old lady's feet are draped over them.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance