new mirrors!!

scheid6996

scheid6996
Reaction score
well i got the new style mirrors that have the turn signal and running light built inthem, how do i get them to work on my truck, that doesnt have them, they pluged right in, but nothing happends, im sure i just need to run more wires to them, and they also are heated, but mine wernt, but i know they have heated mirrors in 02, so should they work?

yARIC008

Drives really slow
Reaction score
I would think you should be able to look at the connector on the truck side and see what wires are there... if they're all there then i guess they just aren't connected further on down the line. I just ran wires to my turn signals and taped into them, didn't affect the flashing speed. Clearance lights, same deal. Heat option, well you need to get 12 volts over to it and have a switch somewhere to control it...

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
and they also are heated, but mine wernt, but i know they have heated mirrors in 02, so should they work?

The heated mirrors worked in conjunction with rear window defrost, if you don't have it then you'll need to wire it to a switch.

scheid6996

scheid6996
Reaction score
oh, well the truck i got the mirrors out of didnt have a switch anywhere, or rear defrost i dont think

scheid6996

scheid6996
Reaction score
hey, where did u tap into the mirror at? i cant get it to light up, i cNT FIND A WIREING DIAGRAM ANYWHERE

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726