"New" IP with no caps on any line ends

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
Im also looking at another pump thats "New Ford" but it doesnt have any caps over any of the line ends. How much could this affect the pumps condition?

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
Its a NOS (New Old Stock) Ford dealer part, apparently.
So except for crap getting up into the nozzles there's really no other reason for the caps to be on there?
Its a 7.3 pump, so it should be tuned for 170hp correct?

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
Well he swears up and down its brand new, just doesnt have any of the packaging on it anymore. He's helping a Ford dealer liquidate all their stuff, and this is one of the parts. His story looks to be true because everything auto related he's selling is new. I hope the seals arent dried to ****, cus I got it for $250.
Far as Im concerned most shops want more for core charge than that.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
I have the same 4817 pump as a spare. Its for the 7.3 motor and called an Eaton pump. No, I have no idea what Eaton means.... Yet. Just found this name today from some very good write up.

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
If you're worried about any little bugs or crud settled up in the holes, just hold it fittings down and aim a spray nozzle from a wd40 can up in each of them ( or something similar that won't hurt seals etc ) and spray them out. That should clear the holes.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As long as it was kept in a plastic bag, it should be alright.

HammerDown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind haveing a NOS IP...from what I read it'***** or miss getting a rebuilt one.:rolleyes:

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind haveing a NOS IP...from what I read it'***** or miss getting a rebuilt one.:rolleyes:

that is why you have a reputable pump shop rebuild yours or a core, then it is run and calibrated on a test stand before it is handed to you. Yes they cost more but usually you have zero issues with this method. :D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online