New fuels???

HOIB

MYRMIDON
Reaction score
Will my '06 be compatable with the new fuels.
Had my oil changed yesterday but the deisel tech was'nt in.

I asked a guy and was told I woud have to change my fuel filter every 2000 mikes---- ***,O

Can someone give me the real skinny on the new fuels and an '06.

TIA

steved

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, you're compatable with the new ULSD...in fact, most stations are already pumping it...you probably have ran it and didn't even know it...even when they say LSD, you're probably getting ULSD (or a mix of the two). Most guys are running additives in every tank...either ashless 2-cycle, a little motor oil, Power Service, Lucas, Amsoil, Howe's, Marvel Mystery Oil, etc...or a custom blend of additives...I personally run Howe's, but have ran Lucas and PowerService.

About the fuel filter...dodge has recently released a "better" filter at 7 micron. The old one was 10 micron. The CRD is very suseptable to contaminated fuel. If I was still running the OE filter setup, I'd make sure I was getting the 7 micron filter and changing it on 10k intervals (sooner if the fuel you're getting is questionable)...

steved

Full Access Member
Reaction score
there are two schools of thought... one is that the refiners are adding the lube to the fuel.. the other.. is that they aren't so add your own.

steved

Full Access Member
Reaction score
there are two schools of thought... one is that the refiners are adding the lube to the fuel.. the other.. is that they aren't so add your own.

Fuels are supposed to meet an ASTM requirement for lubrication. Although I'm not sure that lubrication minimum requirement is sufficient for our engines (primarily the fuel delivery systems)...

I agree, there is no guarantee that the fuel you're getting meets that spec...

steved

trendvester

Reaction score

Im new to the oil burner idea. where can i find more information on the do's and donts of oil blends to fuel as well as side affects to running over 100,000 miles a year on something like that. Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated. (07 5.9ltr):dunno

thanks,
Corey