New Front Tank Level Unit

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
As some of you recall I bought a new front tanks level sending unit for really a good price... Today after driving 101 miles on the front tank the dash indicator is showing just under full.... Its always been way past full when its filled up. Then it stays up there for around 125 miles, then it craches down to mt... I usually stop drawing of either front or rear tank at 1/4 just incase the hose falls off that I installed when I lost the pickup. Anyway the new unit is in and I'm showing at 1/2 tank... So great I say because I dipped the tank and it was at half full.. Off I go to the diesel truck stop to fill it up. Along the way I looky see what the gage is showing....:***: Its full again. So I figure the new sender is no better than the old one and continue to drive... Then it hits me... I had switched to the rear tank when I left home...... Sometimes a bug... Sometimes the windshield... Anyway the tank took 10.25 gallons to fill up. I'm a happy driver......:D Show me why I'm only getting 10 mpg now...:dunno

RedTruck

Reaction score
Gary,

It could be because of the weight of your pickup. Those back seats are designed for hauling people, not a completely outfitted IHC IDI parts house. LOL

Sending unit troubles are a PITA. Glad you've got yours taken care of.

Paul