New from Indiana

607trader

Reaction score
I recently bought a f250 6.9L extended cab . I was looking up information for it on this forum.Found some usefull information. Thanks guys.
Some of my hobbbies are deer hunting,reloading,Muzzeloader hunting.

I have some questions on an f150 inline 6 cyl. 92. It may be out of place on here being its a gas job .Also should I put it in a different part of the forum? Im doing the work for some one else.So I thought I was only replacing the shift column,that cast aluminum tube that is known to break on these trucks.But now since I replaced that it doesnt shift automaticly .When I put in drive in goes to 2 nd and stays there .When I shift to overdrive it seems to shift down to first.Also it doesnt start with the key .I was hot starting it at selinoid.I did notice he broke or cracked the neutral safty switch caseing since column broke . that could be the starting issue.Want to know if tranny is ok before I replace NSS. Owner says truck was working fine before shift column broke.

607trader

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. Actually I found the problem today.I replaced the neutral safety switch which had the case cracked.[I beleive the owner had pried on it to shift manuelly at the tranny].So it started on first try and shifts perfectly thru all 4 gears.So in this case the NSS can also affect the shifting.Relieved to have it done.Im not good at diagnosing electricial or computor issuse.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7