*new* Delphi G-code injectors...

N.E fjord-by-fjord 2fiddy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've read on here that some reman injectors are better than some new, because of their point of origin for manufacture...

I was just wondering if NEW Delphi G's are in any way inferior to older reman Delphi G's... I've heard that Delphi used to be called something else, so I figured their manuf. location/material sourcing could have changed as well... just curious.

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Stanadyne (made in Italy) makes the OEM factory 93/94 turbo G codes and OEM 92-94 n/a E codes.
Delphi (made in Mexico) makes BB codes.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1992-1994-7...Parts_Accessories&hash=item565e0118d2&vxp=mtr

So in the product info here, is says "correct replacement for G codes..."

This guy blowing smoke and saying these are G's? or is he saying that Mex BB's are correct replacement for G's...? Either way, now this seems less appealing...

I know I'll have to adjust my timing a little either way when I do this... The injectors are stock from 94... So I assume that makes them G's...

Anything wrong with the Mexican stuff? I do like tacos... :sly

Would switching to these BB's be possible/benefitial to the life of my IP, since they have lower pop psi?

FORDF250HDXLT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
yeah he just doesn't know what they are i guess.no matter though.a lot of people here run those injectors and claim their quality.im partial to OEM Stanadyne myself.to be fair,the only BB's iv tried were reman (from u-haul) back along.so who knows,id probably think the new delphi are just as good,but for about the same $ i figured id stick with oem.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking for appx $300 for a brand new set, I might grab em...

Gotta be better than the ones I have in there right now. Showing their age, that's for sure...

FORDF250HDXLT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
yeah,that's the main thing really.that they get swapped out every 100k miles.no doubt this is much more important than the brand and code.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
The BB codes are better for hp and fuel mileage than the G codes. No rebuilt injector is better than a new injector. I have a turbo engine and I ran the G codes. Found the Bb codes are a much better hp and fuel mileage injector. Besides a heavier spring this is the difference in Bb and G code injectors.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcSuxjmzEcI

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Surely you didn't buy them. You could have got them from Oregon Fuel Injector for $300.
7.3 L IDI Ford Factory Turbocharged ( G code ) *NEW* Diesel Fuel Injectors, fits 1993, 1994 OEM # 2C3Z9VE527ARM, 991864C91 LJCK01102 $37.35

7.3 L IDI Ford ( B, BB, C or D code ) *NEW* Diesel Fuel Injectors, fits 1984, 1985, 1986, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1990, 1991, 1992 OEM# 2C3Z9VE527ERM, 2C3Z9VE527FRM 991612C91 6760301 $35.55

BB codes are better than G code. Should have contacted conastogadiesel. You get matched injectors from them.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Surely you didn't buy them. You could have got them from Oregon Fuel Injector for $300.

"sold" as in "sold on the idea of putting BB's in to replace the G's"...

Still hunting for deals... Thanks for lookin' out OLDBULL8! ;Sweet

It's good to know that people on here have each other's backs when it comes to saving money! I've seen other forums with members like black market merchants, trying to sell you crap you know isn't worth what they're asking. Every forum has em'... Only been a member since Nov, but I don't think I've seen ONE on OB yet.

This site, and it's members continue to impress me.

CHEERS :cheers:

I have Conestoga bookmarked from way back when I was dreaming of getting a Moose pump. Now that I know they match em, I'll probably go that route. Hope to save the $ in under a month...

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Notice in the ebay ad that the box and injector is arranged so the number does not show. I am pretty sure that delphi only does the BB"s ,since I have sold many sets. My supplier cant get g codes from delphi or maybe the warehouse does not carry them. Not sure.

6760301 is the Delphi bb code number on the box

FORDF250HDXLT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The BB codes are better for hp and fuel mileage than the G codes. No rebuilt injector is better than a new injector. I have a turbo engine and I ran the G codes. Found the Bb codes are a much better hp and fuel mileage injector.

i wish you would stop saying that Gary lol.you keep making me want to try a new set of BB's in chip truck every time i read that.i really am curious if i could sneak out even more......if the swap was just a tad bit easier,id be tempted to swap a set in.
look what i just did with my heavy 4x4 dually box truck with G codes though guys.you got to think it's not too shabby?
http://www.oilburners.net/forums/showthread.php?41112-Fuel-economy&p=801346&viewfull=1#post801346

of course i do think aero mods would benefit much greater than injector type at this point though.iv got to do something about the large gap between the front and rear underbody tool boxes/over rear tires.enclosing this would yield the trucks largest gains right now im thinking.

Last edited: