New Banks turbo kit

Status
Not open for further replies.

AZBLACKSMOKE

no truck payment
Reaction score
here's my concern.....
those of you who have worked/owned a IH "S" series or 4700 series truck will know the exhaust layout and trans bellhousing shape is a completely different animal compared to the ford pickup. why Banks would knowingly sell a turbo kit that won't bolt up without major fab work is completely beyond me. At least the seller is upfront in disclosing the intended install vehicle. hypermax otoh will sell a kit that will bolt onto a med duty truck and they have priced it accordingly too.:eek:

I think we are all confused. Let me try to explain it again.

The truck the kit was ordered for was a 1986 Cargostar 1600 with a 6.9 diesel and IH 4 speed. I am extremely familiar with all of IH S series and 4700's, etc. and this kit is NOT for that application. I dont think Banks even has a kit for the 466's, 9liters, 570's, etc. They may..I dont know. This kits application is for Ford pickups.

I think it was taken out of context when I said it was ordered for a Meduim duty IH. Myself and the Banks salesguy "thought" the kit I purchased would work best with the exeption of the exhaust. Obviously pipe lengths and configurations are way different than any Ford F250 or F350 of same vintage. Therefore, no exhaust or muffler was ordered...just the DP forward.

The particular IH meduim dutys 6.9 exhaust manifolds, intakes, Downpipe are the same as the 6.9 and 7.3 diesels that are installed into Ford light duty trucks.The plan was all I just needed to do to make the kit work on the med. duty was to take the truck to the exhaust shop after the turbo was installed on the medium duty 6.9 engine. That never happend. I sold the truck, and kept the turbo. The kit is for an old body style Ford with a 6.9 or 7.3 engine.

Sorry for the confusion. The reason I said its was bought for a meduim duty is because it was. but its the same kit as John Doe would get if they called and ordered part # 21060 for John Doe's Ford F250.

Everybody on the same page now? :D

AZBLACKSMOKE

no truck payment
Reaction score
Let me put it this way.

If anyone has a early body style Ford F250 or F350 with a 6.9 or a 7.3 IDI diesel. Then this is the kit Banks will sell you when you call them.

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ok,if anyone else is interested in this turbo,go ahead and speak up.
this is a tough decision for both Jared and myself.so as of right now,we haven't stuck a deal and the turbo is open to anyone.
hopefully iv helped gather info for those interested.
im on standby for it right now,so if ya want it,don't wait around too long,or i just may decide to bite.;)
for the record,i couldn't find anything wrong with Jared's kit,it's just a personal decision as to if i just want to go with new from banks instead.
so if anyone else want's it.i kinda hope you just make my decision easier for me and buy this lol.
good luck guys.

FORDF250HDXLT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
still........................................................mulling things over.
offer sent, Jared.

dieselrandy

Reaction score
so after 2 pages of posts I lost track . So is the kit still for sale , if so i would like a chance to buy it .let me know , thanks Randy

FORDF250HDXLT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
we came real close to making a deal but it didn't pan out.
he probably does still have it.

i was going to pay all fee's for this:
https://www.escrow.com/solutions/escrow/process.asp

but he was scared of using their service.
this raised a red flag to me at the same time,cus if i was willing to pay for that,he risked nothing.id check it out and if all was there,then escrow would release his $,or if something was missing,i would send it back and escrow would refund me.
for that much $.i wanted something in stone to safeguard myself thats all.
so either
a) he doesn't have all the parts.
or
b) he really is just as nervous of using escrow as i would be of sending him a large chunk of change.;)

bottom line,we both got scared.but hey,my mumma didn't raise no fool.im not sending this kind of coin across the net blindly.
proceed with caution.

Last edited:

AZBLACKSMOKE

no truck payment
Reaction score
is the turbo still for sale ? i am interested in it . Please let me know . thanks Randy

Randy,
Yes. Its still for sale. Yes it is complete. No, I dont take escrow from a strange site ive never used. Yes. I take paypal or money orders. Please PM me or email me at [email protected] if youd like to talk further.

And Bert, I was under the impression we parted on good terms and we promised to have no hard feelings? I do not appreciate your comments above. I realize the interwebs is a vast ocean of unknown faces, but I take pride in my honesty and do not appreciate even the slightest insinuation that I was shady in the slightest degree. You do not walk into WalMart and proceed to tell them how you are going to pay for the merchandise do you? Of course not... just because you got your feelings hurt because I chose not to accept your "escrow", or your form of "payment" does not give you the right to spew untrue ASSumtions in my sale thread.

Jared Hancock

Last edited:

AZBLACKSMOKE

no truck payment
Reaction score
Also, I forgot to mention I have dropped the price down to $1500 plus shipping. This is for a new, unused, Banks kit still in the boxes. Its all there from the downpipe forward.

my85ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thats the exact same kit I ordered for my truck ! The transmission stick for my c6 didnt work for my truck. So I used my old one ! THATS A GREAT PRICE! ;Sweet I would have bought that in a heart beat I paid over 2800.00 for my kit
straight from banks and that had the monster exhaust !

AZBLACKSMOKE

no truck payment
Reaction score
Bump for a great deal! If I had the money this would be mine!

thats the exact same kit I ordered for my truck ! The transmission stick for my c6 didnt work for my truck. So I used my old one ! THATS A GREAT PRICE! ;Sweet I would have bought that in a heart beat I paid over 2800.00 for my kit
straight from banks and that had the monster exhaust !

Thanks for the comments guys. I really appreciate it.

There is a deal pending paypal payment. ;Sweet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online