need trucked timed

Will

Reaction score
looking for help with my timeing any one know how to set it?? iam in louisville ky

Clayton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm in morehead, A little drive but your more than welcome to bring it up and I'll set it for ya...

Mulochico

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Blind Driver2

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Will

Reaction score
ok thanks guys. so if i got a ip put on do u set the truck time or the ip time??

Will

Reaction score
is there timeing on the ip pump for it to run right or just timeing and that's it i am lost

02x72

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dont really know what you mean. You time the IP, which in turn times the motor.Just like on a gasser you time the distributor and youre set, same concept.

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
To put it in the simpelest terms. Your injection pump is a timed fuel distributor. on a spark ignition engine, ignition is the point at which a spark is sent to a spark plug from a coil via a diatributor to the spark plug igniting the fuel, on a compression ignition engine , ignition is started at the point of the engine cycle when fuel is injected into the cylinder , the compression has already superheated the air to the point where it is near ready to blow almost by itself, and just the mere addition of a minute spray of fuel from teh injector at teh correct time causes it to blow.
In your manual it will list that time as 8.5 deg before tdc by the pulse method, but with the new ultra low sulfur fuel advancing that to around 9.7 will make your truck run more like it was intended to from the factory
Having timing too far retarded will give terrible fuel mileage and lots of somking, too far advanced can give funny smoke too and can eat glow plugs. there really is a narrow window that a diesel likes to run properly in
Unlike a gasser, do not try to adjust the pump while running, you will likely damage something, and be carefull not to overstress your injection lines, if they do not want to give, loosen the caps at the injectors so the pump can turn. You do not want to crack one of those lines

pontoonrob

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
;Sweet
To put it in the simpelest terms. Your injection pump is a timed fuel distributor. on a spark ignition engine, ignition is the point at which a spark is sent to a spark plug from a coil via a diatributor to the spark plug igniting the fuel, on a compression ignition engine , ignition is started at the point of the engine cycle when fuel is injected into the cylinder , the compression has already superheated the air to the point where it is near ready to blow almost by itself, and just the mere addition of a minute spray of fuel from teh injector at teh correct time causes it to blow.
In your manual it will list that time as 8.5 deg before tdc by the pulse method, but with the new ultra low sulfur fuel advancing that to around 9.7 will make your truck run more like it was intended to from the factory
Having timing too far retarded will give terrible fuel mileage and lots of somking, too far advanced can give funny smoke too and can eat glow plugs. there really is a narrow window that a diesel likes to run properly in
Unlike a gasser, do not try to adjust the pump while running, you will likely damage something, and be carefull not to overstress your injection lines, if they do not want to give, loosen the caps at the injectors so the pump can turn. You do not want to crack one of those lines

Your so smart!;Sweet---Rob

Will

Reaction score
thank you that helps me a lot. my truck had just sucking the fule down as of the put on of the new ip pump i have got to get it timeing set now thank you

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
REM70