Need some help!

marblecrusher

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cool ill see if i can give that a try after work today, it would be awesome if it was just the solenoid or something for now, just have to many other expenses at the moment to afford a pump and new injectors.

marblecrusher

Full Access Member
Reaction score
nope had to get some other things done yesterday that came up, i have the wire and toggle sitting in the truck ready for when i get off work though.

marblecrusher

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dont know what your getting at with the engine serial number, but that looks like that is my problem the wire goin to the FSS, i hooked the original wire up to it, opened up one of the lines on the bak of the pump, turned the motor over and nothin, hooked a wire straight from pos. to the FSS and im gettin fuel out of it! So ill bleed all the injectors and see how it runs this evening!

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
Just a thought, but with the wire directly from the battery you can attempt to start it. Just discinnect the wire from the battery to kill the engine.

Are your GP's functioning? They won't start (or are VERY hard to start) with bad/not working glow plugs.

If your GP's are working, and you are getting fuel to the injectors with that hard wire from the battery, I would try and run it to make sure that this is 100% of the problem.

marblecrusher

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well i opened up all the lines to the injectors yesterday and im pretty sure i got most of the air out but now my batteries are weak so im trickle charging the batteries all day then testing them when i get home to see whether or not im buyin batteries or not lol. and yea ill check the glow plugs when i get home the original owner said they were replaced about a year ago but i dont know if they were motorcraft glow plugs or not.

marblecrusher

Full Access Member
Reaction score
heres the deal i wired up the FSS to a switch to just turn it on and off for now, but the wait to start light and the glow plug relay doesnt come on or work with out the original wire being hooked up to the FSS terminal, is that normal and is that fine having it hooked up to that hot switch?
Also me and a few friends were going through cracking injectors bleeding the fuel system and got the truck to bust off for a few seconds now its like we have a huge air pocket in the fuel injection pump, we have good fuel coming to the pump, but now it seems like all we can get is air out of the pump, what is a good way to bleed the injection pump? Sorry for the long description, just tryin to describe everything in detail.

Thanks

-Jordan-

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
anybody! lol I need to get this running so i can drive it for a little bit while im doin some work on my dodge.

Easies t way is to open all the injectors lines, have someone crank it till fuel appears at on, stop tighten that, crank again till fuel appears again at one or two stop again tighten those, crank again till fuel appears at a few more, etc till you either get them all down or it fires. Question is you said you had bled it till it fires and now you have air again, which says you either have a leak in your return line or a slobbering injector, if it's trying to cough for a second then die and not fire, then slobbering injector, if it's just continually getting air and not wanting to fire, then most likely air intrusion from a return line.

marblecrusher

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cool, sounds more like a leaking return line, from what your describing, ill try again tonight, and ill check the returns

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
Best thing to do is put a piece of clear line in place of the return line from the filter head to the injector and watch for air.

Also, hold the throttle in WOT position when purging air with the injector nuts open.

Sorry, I didn't notice you posted back on here again. I have been EXTREMELY busy with work lately.

marblecrusher

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cool thanks for the help ill try and get to it tomorrow, just out of curiousty though, why is it necessary to hold it at WOT while bleeding the fuel system of air?

Thanks

-Jordan-