Need some help.know taillights

jw674

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All my lights work.but the tailights and licensed plate lights.i checked all the fuses.is it the bulbs.the maker lights in front of the truck work.its a 1992 f250

Last edited:

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
A little more info on the truck would be helpful.:dunno

Try adding it into you signature to ease us in assisting.

Do the marker lights on the front of the truck work?

If not, more than likely ithe problem is the headlight switch in the dash.

Now if the bulbs are good then check the wire harness conection at the rear most frame crossmember. It will be just forward of the rear bumper.
The harness runs back there on the drivers side and the connectors are there for the tail light harness. Make sure the connector pins are clean and corrosion free.

jw674

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yea the front maker light work the headlights work the dash lights work blinkers work.brake lights work.the reverse lights work

02AutoWag

Reaction score
Do your brake lights work? Your situation sounds like mine did. The brake lights worked as they should, but when off the brakes, the rear of the truck was completely dark at night.

Recheck the fuse box under the steering column. Fuse #4 (upper right most fuse, 15A) fixed my problem.

WALT G

Reaction score
Also check your multi-function switch in the steering column. Get a schematic of your wiring and check each wire in the circuit. My truck's previous owner created a wiring nightmare. And my truck is a wrecker and it has 3 sets of brake lights. I had to go through it one circuit at a time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GaryB

Members online