Need some advice.... Rocker arms and pushrods

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I wanted your opinion. As I have stated, I am getting ready to add an ATS non gated turbo this weekend. I currently have the old style rocker arms on my engine, and I have heard some bad things about the strap type arms. I have also bought a nice set of used rockers from Darrin Tosh which just arrived today. My question is, should I spend the extra time and money to replace the rocker arms now, or save them for a rainy day. If I do use the 7.3 style rockers can I use my current push tubes assuming they are not bent or severely worn or do I need to use new push tubes? Thanks for your advice.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Are you talking about a 6.9 or 7.3 motor? Yes, the newer type rockers should be used because they are proven better. Now the push rod tubes can be reused but.... Just make sure you remove them and they go back into the motor the same way they came out. They have a top and bottom and you really don't want to mix that up. They will wear thru the rockers if they are mixed up. Ford Parts Online sells them for $83.84 a set. Rockers are $251.68 a set.

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gary its a 6.9 engine... and I do know the copper end MUST go up! But thanks for the reminder. Thanks for the advice.

6.9poweredscout

Bleeds IH red...
Reaction score
i tore my 6.9 apart and never looked at the ends, i got the better rockers, any pictures of the pushrods so i know how they go.... :dunno

thanks!
-Jon

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
The copper end needs to be up on the rockers. Not down on the lifters....

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online

No members online now.