need opinions

apextrans

What Log Book????
Reaction score
Hey fellers,

Been outta the loop for a while trying to keep my business afloat. New (old) truck has sprung a few leaks & don't have alot of time to investigate right now so I was hoping someone could point me in the right direction so I can get moving fast on repairs. Got oil leaking down the front cover, looks like its starting just below the HPOP up front. Could this be a gasket? And more disturbing is the strong smell of diesel when I park the truck after driving. Seems stronger smelling after pulling hard (i.e. - dragging fiver somewhere) but is always present. Oil leak is leaving ****** marks on the ground but I've never seen a puddle of fuel there yet. Valley pan looks dry but I haven't been digging around in there yet. Any & all thoughts would be helpful. CAN NOT afford to blow this one up too. BTW, its all still bone stock so no mod problems to deal with. Can think of where fuel would be leaking from that I'd be able to smell it like this. Fuel bowl leak? Anyone????

trackspeeder

Stone crusher.
Reaction score
There is a gasket for the hpop. The reservior to front cover is glued. It could be leaking from those points. Other places to check are the hpop fittings. The O rings get tired and leak The fuel leak. Check the filter for leaks. You might want to check the fuel pump too.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online