Votes: 1 12.5%
  • 94-00 6.5td

Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I ran three chev !ton service trucks for 7 years. They all had 6.2's initially and the guys did their best to attempt to kill the trucks "thinking" that I would move them into a ford SD diezel. I got two years of service out of the motors on average and when they blew up, I converted them into 6.5td's. Took them 5 years to kill these. One guy tried hard enough to shatter the case of a THM400. he got fired. Yes, there is a high number of horror stories about chev diesels and rightfully so. But here's the thing.....why do you think the resale is so darn low? PDM problems? Easy solution. There is a retrofit kit to move the PDM from the pump. Lower heat/problem solved.
Bottom line is all the advice in the world is just one person's opinion from experience or heresay. You gotta do what's right for you.

DBogo

Reaction score
im thinkin i am goin to really consider this truck ya know i really want a dodge/cummins but i cant fork out that kinda dough right now and i need a truck so i think i am goin to look into this 6.5 it has never been towed with no 5th wheel or gooseneck and looks to have been babyed its whole life which i would keep doing to it it would only be used for a daily driver not a work truck (only work it would be doing is taking cardboard to the recycleing center and aluminum to the scrap yard) and well if you guys have any more info about them good or bad i would like to hear it thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Members online