NEED HELP!!!

imelmo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Drove back from DI last night after getting rods and mini-me's installed and my fuel pump fuse blew. Changed the fuse, got home, and went to play with the truck this morning and found the fuel pump fuse was blown again. Put in a 25 fuse instead of the 20 that was originally there and although it didn't blow, it and the fuel pump got real hot and the fuel pump wasn't making any noise. Does that mean my fuel pump's burnt up and I'll just have to wait 'til Tuesday to get one coming? Or is there something else I can check? Is there a fuse somewhere on the pump itself?

I didn't see any exposed or touching wires anywhere. I'm supposed to go show it off at the track tomorrow! :mad:

Thanx for any help.

holtzer1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
one of 2 things are going on...1 the fuel pump is drwing too much amperage causing the blown fue(thats the most likely cause..check it with a digital voltmeter. 2 you have a short in your wiring somewhere. TAKE THE BIGGER FUSE OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! your asking for an electrical fire by installing a larger amperage fuse..the wiring can probably take it but the pump wont be able to.

imelmo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ended up being some bad fuel clogging the pump and making it blow the fuse. David at Diesel Innovations saw my post and called me Saturday to talk/walk me thru it. Took care of the problem on Saturday and made it to the races Sunday! Thanx for the help though.

holtzer1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
makes sense, bad fuel/ clogging pump/causing larger draw on pump/blowing fuse,,,i was on the right track, but havent seen bad fuel cause that problem yet. cool, you got er fixed at any rate!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7

Members online