NEED HELP ASAP ELECTRICAL ISSUE

Order complete wiring kit and do it that way or just chop and replace as I go?

• chop and repair

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • complete kit

Votes: 2 66.7%

• Total voters

Selahdoor

How can I help you, or make you laugh, today?
Supporting Member
Reaction score
6.8 controller is famous for shorting out with the glow plugs still on. I'd go with the 7.3.

IF I was going to go with a controller, that is. Manual control is a lot better...

H3LLSP4WN

Reaction score
thanks for the info i will do it with the manual controller and replace the glow plugs with motor craft thanks all it has some no name ones that were in it when i bought it the were new and are already burnt out only has 8K since i bought it

H3LLSP4WN

Reaction score
they are all out very little effort but all mushroomed a bit i know what it takes to remove broken ones i worked on the chevy 6.5 in the army and those things never got new glow plugs until they were 100 percent sure they would break off in the head

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
i worked on the chevy 6.5 in the army and those things never got new glow plugs until they were 100 percent sure they would break off in the head
I can understand that. I was a civilian contractor in Iraq. Light wheeled vehicle mechanic. When I got back, I told a friend "you know you've worked on too many 6.2/6.5s when they start to sound good. In reality, they sound rough and "uneven" at an idle compared to the 6.9/7.3s. Fortunately for me, I didn't have to change out any glow plugs or injector pumps while I was over there.

H3LLSP4WN

Reaction score
I can understand that. I was a civilian contractor in Iraq. Light wheeled vehicle mechanic. When I got back, I told a friend "you know you've worked on too many 6.2/6.5s when they start to sound good. In reality, they sound rough and "uneven" at an idle compared to the 6.9/7.3s. Fortunately for me, I didn't have to change out any glow plugs or injector pumps while I was over there.
yeah i know exactly what you mean i was a wheeled vehicle mechanic for 18 years and over that time i figured out they were trash if not driven that was the biggest deal with military equipment but during use i saw a lot less failures such as in iraq but state side and other places where they didn't use their equipment it was all damaged and unable to operate properly without major repairs on much of the equipment i got to a unit once that had 6 10k atlas fork lifts and none of them worked it took me 7 months 3 boom harnesses and 2 engines to get them all up but that damn 4k stayed broke the whole time i was there due to constant malfunctions if you fixed one thing something else would break it was a nightmare but im done with that now just work on my own stuff and the occasional friend or family thing I've fully restored blazers Chevelle and decided it was time for a new project/challenge so i got this thing it is still my daily but it is down until it is fully repaired i gave my little bro my 2014 golf TDI

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Most of the HMMVWs (spelling?) that came through weren't too bad, but the few that came from the Air Force were horrible. Just about everything underneath was loose. One even came in with the steering box tore off of the frame. I have no idea how they would break all three mounting bolts off.

Selahdoor

How can I help you, or make you laugh, today?
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dropping them...

Sometimes intentionally. :rotflmao

Clb

Another old truck
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ask a combat mechanic

This is why I bailed on jump school!

Last edited:

Noiseydiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Go Joe! With the Kung-Fu Grip! Starting to show my age. oops. 11B, 11H, 63B, 68H, just to name a few.
Have you taken apart and cleaned up your 6, 7? ground connections?
Eng comp front left and right, I seem to remember, Eng comp rear left as your looking at it, near hood hinge. Interior bottom of both kick panels and rear right under the tail gate, once again, standing in front of the truck and looking at it.
Impressive how many problems go away with good, cleaned and greased grounds.
I even fixed my cruise control mysterious problem. I even reduced the amperage through the HL switch and back feed voltage.