NEED HELP ASAP ELECTRICAL ISSUE

Order complete wiring kit and do it that way or just chop and replace as I go?

• chop and repair

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • complete kit

Votes: 2 66.7%

• Total voters

Cubey

Van dweller
Reaction score
6.8 controller is famous for shorting out with the glow plugs still on. I'd go with the 7.3.

IF I was going to go with a controller, that is. Manual control is a lot better...

Modern controllers probably solve that problem. They are entirely electronically controlled, unlike the original that were mechanical with a big solenoid type thing on them. They cost a lot more than a momentary switch and a roll of 14 gauge wire though. But if you prefer automatic glow plugs, it's probably a good option if you can afford it.

You must be registered for see images attach

Ayla

Reaction score
If your having this Mny problems with your wiring, Maybe you should buy a painless wiring harness fo your truck and rewire it. About 400 for a complete chassis wiring harness. Jus say'n...

Bouncer

Reaction score
I had a 1157 bulb on my 78 F250 decide to go out, the filament broke loose on one side of brake and fell onto the filament of the parking light so everytime i pressed the brake pedal the marker lights would come on and flash when I turned the turn signal on. Nearly drove me to being an alcoholic trying to trace wires, bought another turn signal switch, then one day I noticed a brake light was out, replaced bulb, it stopped. So I dug old bulb out of garbage can and examined, realized what the problem was......