need filters

IDIeselman

Reaction score
I have had it with these fuel prices and have an unlimited supply of clean used motor oil, I am ready to mix 50/50 but don't know where you guys are getting the filters needed to filter the oil.

spg

Big Red
Reaction score
Permacool has a 2 micron filter/water seperator for $35 and replacement filters for $14. If you have any questions PM me.

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
What kind of filters do you want? Spin on or socks? I get my filters from CAT....Last time it cost me $30 for two 10 micron and two 2 micron spin-on filters.

blender

Reaction score
I went to the local auto parts store and purchased towcats setup. Or Ace for water filters from what I hear. Towcat does have the part numbers listed in his thread so it can't be much easier.

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
for my first filter i use a 10 mic goldenrod filter set up from tractor supply, they also sell them at northern tool. my second 1 mic is a house water filter from a hardware store.

NJGearhead666

Full Access Member
Reaction score
why dont you just use the WIX setup like towcat has? im slowly building an identical filter setup I just need a tank of some kind to hold the waste oil, i havent been able to find anything yet that will suit my needs :(

milner351

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What is the consensus on the minimum filter size?

What is the filter micron rating of a stock powerstroke fuel filter?

Is 1 or 2 micron necessary? It seems most fuel filters set up for use on fuel transfer pumps are 10 micron (from the few I've seen).

I certainly don't want to trash my injectors with WMO - I'd rather be safe than sorry - but it sure seems like 1 or 2 micron filters are harder to find and more expensive than 5 or 10 micron...

Just curious.

jas88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am planning to go with 5 micron because I already have a number of them that I can't use for anything else. I am thinking 1-2 micron is overkill, but if it makes you feel better, more power to ya.

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
makes me feel better, they are about the same price by me. it is WMO so i will have some crap in it. the more i can keep out of my pump the better

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
I agree with Jred, cleaner is always better when it comes to fuel systems. 2 micron filters aren't expensive at all and you can put about 300-500L through one before it's plugged and slow to filter.

jimraelee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the current sock filters I use are $3 for either 10m or 1m filter size... so priced the same I will continue to get the extra cleaning of 1m

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin