need an oil cooler ASAP... Who's holding?

N.E fjord-by-fjord 2fiddy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a drip that I didn't notice/didn't get bad until warm weather came... Tracked it to the rear cap o-ring on my cooler... My gaskets and caps are still good. I checked and there's no fluid crossover happening and my coolant is fine. Called a guy because I don't have the capacity for a complete side by side coolant/oil drain and refill. He was waiting for me to get the o-rings and gaskets which are on their way. I decided to try a temp solution to the drip and zip tied a tourniquet around the rear cap seam with some greased up layered rag... (knew it was a long shot)

It didn't do jack. In fact, now i have 2 drips, one off my filter and a second off the zip tie! Not only that, but when I got a light under there I realized that the caps were good, but the paint on the exchanger tube was gone a long time ago, and I have a scaly disintegrating outer wall... So much so that I think my guy is gonna say he can't reuse it, and to be honest I don't know if I'd want him to.

I have a set of hard lines, working when pulled (even though the #8 line has a vibration wear spot where my throttle cable must have been resting for a decade or so.... but the injector pops, so... They're still a little dirty, but I'd gladly clean 'em and trade someone for a whole cooler. I think that's a decent deal, given that used coolers and used line sets seem to fetch around the same on Fleabay.

If anyone has an exchanger tube (i think my caps are ok), or the whole unit in running shape that they could ship me... and they don't want the lines, please name your $.... and I'll PM the deal that sounds right if it pops up. Time IS a slight issue..... I have my first show of the season coming up soon, and I also don't want to cover all of Cumberland county Maine in little black spots.

Thank you!
-Andrew

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i have one... 30 bucks plus shipping.
the entire oil cooler,
came off a 87 6.9
ive been keeping it, but i dont really need it.

cant part with my injector lines tho, im gonna need them.
pm me with address, and how you want them shipped.
i can ship UPS next day air if need be.

N.E fjord-by-fjord 2fiddy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have one... 30 bucks plus shipping.
the entire oil cooler,
came off a 87 6.9
ive been keeping it, but i dont really need it.

cant part with my injector lines tho, im gonna need them.
pm me with address, and how you want them shipped.
i can ship UPS next day air if need be.

Just PM'ed you...

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
anytime! its boxed up awaiting my ups driver!