Need an inventory list

travelinman31

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's looking like I'm not gonna be able to buy the whole truck I was looking at in earlier post. But I'm gonna make him an offer on seats, insturment cluster, tach sendor, exhaust, and transmission. First thing I need to know is what all do I need to get to install the 5 speed in my truck? The donor truck is an
'85 as well, I want to get everything off this truck I need to do this so a good list will be helpful. Also is there anything else you guys think I should get off of the truck. Been pulling my hair out over all this, I'd love to buy the complete truck, but not thinking it's gonna happen. Also what do you think I should offer him for the above items? He said Saturday $1,100 for the whole truck, which is only missing wheels and tires at this point. Thanks for your advice in advance.

Thanks Bryan

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You'll want the tranmission tunnel pan as the one for the T-19 in '83-'86 trucks will hit the top of the ZF5. Get the shifter as the T-19 sifter won't work. Be sure and ask if the ZF5 has any issues with shifting into or popping out of reverse. If so, that's about $800 of work to fix. Get the drive shaft if available. Make sure you get the inspection cover for the ZF5 when you get the trans. You'll need a ZF5 flywheel and clutch.

That's all I can think of right now.

Heath

travelinman31

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do I need the pedal assembly out of the donor truck? By the way both trucks are 2wd, if that makes a difference on parts needed.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Like calvin said, your truck is already a manual trans truck. So, no need to swap the pedal assembly. If your truck was an auto, then yeah, you'd need the pedals too.

Heath

travelinman31

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll be hiring someone to do the swap, I don't know much about transmissions if you can't tell. Come to think of it I don't know much about anything cookoo
But I'm learning as I go. I've been trying to put a tach out of an 89 in my 85 today, and it ain't going anywhere fast. Think I'll just try and get the one out of the truck at wrecking yard, only problem I saw was the pointer is missing. I'm thinking of offering the guy $400 for all the parts mentioned above. That breaks down $100 for the seats, $250 for the transmission and all related parts, $50 for the exhaust, and $0 for the tach and sendor.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RustyNail351

Members online