need a VRV

vegas39

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have a good vrv they could sell to me? I can take one off my other truck for now but I hate swapping parts around and having a truck down. Thanks!

pickupman

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In case you can't find anyone that has one to sell, they can be found on ebay, I just purchased on not too long ago, the part # is E5TZ 7B200-A. They are a bit pricey, around $70-90 depending on where you buy it, that price is for NOS ones.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
I have 2 or 3 of them Kenny. Find out what they cost and I will take half that price. Will ship you several so you have a choice. they are used and I can't say what the condition is. Pm me with a shipping name and address. flat rate them today if we make a deal.

vegas39

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have 2 or 3 of them Kenny. Find out what they cost and I will take half that price. Will ship you several so you have a choice. they are used and I can't say what the condition is. Pm me with a shipping name and address. flat rate them today if we make a deal.

Ok thanks Gary. Give me a few days and I'll get it worked out with you. I saw one on ebay for 100 bucks, just cant spend that right now. I'll pull the one off my 86 for a few days, so I can get my conversion all fine tuned.

dday

Reaction score
Hey guys,
I am looking for a VRV for my 86 f250 6.9.
Part # F0TP-7B200-AA
Happy to send you money for what its worth because my kids are flying out of the truck when it shifts gears.
Thanks,
Donald 310-467-4948

Hydro-idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't think they are in production anymore which is really too bad.
Been looking to buy a new one to have a spare on hand & can't locate one. Gonna have to hit the PnP yards unless a member here has spares.

mbarry98

Reaction score
I got one but no promises it will fix your problem I had the same issue and with needing to drive at highway speeds more regularly I dumped the C6 and got a Zf. Have you made sure its not out of adjustment because that will sure cause problems!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Check the IDI Tech Articles for how to adjust the VRV by towcat. I've posted it many times on the procedure. Your vacuum pump may be the problem if it's not making at least 20 inches of vacuum.

Your modulator on the C6 may be defective also. Intermediate Band may need adjustment.

The VRV is out of production. U-haul tech center had a new one for sale for $189, it's gone. Might find one on Ebay. They do come in different colors, not the whole VRV, only marked with a paint slash. IIRC the Ford VRV for the C6 is a Green slash.
Can you verify that that for me.
There are plain Black, Green and Yellow. GM also used a VRV so make sure if you get one, it's for a Ford.

The VRV operation/rotation is driven with a pin as opposed to the TPS tab (pic) drive, but both must be like in the pic showing the driven knobs.

Attachments

• VRV.jpg
    VRV.jpg
    670.7 KB · Views: 9
  • 051.jpg
    051.jpg
    665.8 KB · Views: 9
  • Scan.BMP.jpg
    Scan.BMP.jpg
    392.5 KB · Views: 7
  • IP TPS tab..JPG
    IP TPS tab..JPG