n/a injection pump and turbo ?

dagreendeville

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so i have a 93 n/a motor and a factory turbo kit i was wondering about fuel adjustments torque screw and fuel screw ive read all this somewhere on here before but ive been searching for an hour and still nothing so is there any insight on adjustments?

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Personally I would not mess with the torque screw. But making an adjustment on the fuel screw I have no issues with that but... You need a pyro and boost gauge first. If you don't have those gauges you have no idea where your going. More fuel means more engine heat. Most any engine pyro can reach 1100 degrees of exhaust heat. Knowing the melting temps of an aluminum piston is around 1200 degrees and not knowing how hot your running can spell disaster quickly. If you really don't care what temps you run then anyone here can tell you how to turn up the fuel but its a chance your taking without these suggested gauges.

Shadetreemechanic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It has been said on this site before that the Banks Turbo install instructions call for turning the pump up two flats. That said, I would want a pyro before messing with it much.

mobilemech

Full Access Member
Reaction score
from the post it sounds like he has a 93-94 ats factory turbo kit. before adjusting the pump make sure you have a pyro to watch the temps.

dagreendeville

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yup factory turbo and i understand about the pyro and boost gauge i have to install those this week just figured id get a lil input ahead of time but i gues im curiouse more about the torque screw as i had heard thing before on here about it just cant seem to find a thread on it.

dagreendeville

Full Access Member
Reaction score
another question is there supposed to be a gasket or something between the intake and turbo hat i can feel it leaking quite a bit of boost there

dagreendeville

Full Access Member
Reaction score
does discount sell em or do i have to find em somewhere else ive been trying to find them via there online store but no luck lol

Black dawg

Reaction score
Backing out the torque screw just lets the metering valve ( internal throttle) move farther.

mobilemech

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dont know if discount sells the o-rings for the hat or snail, check with typ4 here on this board, he does alot of turbo and injector work with the IDI stuff

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadScientist