My Uncle Pat Passed tonight

Fordsandguns

Fords Rule
Reaction score
Guys, my family is in need of prayers tonight. My dad's oldest brother Pat passed tonight in Houston, due to mesothelioma.
My dad took it pretty hard. It sucks because I was the one that had to break it to him.
I didn't really know my uncle, I have only visited with him once in my adult life, so it isn't as hard for me. My dad and his other siblings are the ones that really need the prayers.
They are all getting older and some of them aren't in the best of health themselves.

diezelcrazee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm sorry for your families loss Marvin, trust and pray that God will give comfort to you all during this time. dc

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Very sorry to learn of your uncles passing. Prayers sent to family. I lost my cousin from Mesothelioma about 25 years ago. He was a fire fighter and his turnout coat that he wore fighting fires had asbestos in the collar.. Go figure. Nobody beats Meso. After diagnosis you have about 6 weeks to get your life in order. Its a horrible death that I had to watch. Again very sorry for your familys loss. Find solis that the suffering is over now. Be kind to those that are taking it so hard. Just being there can help...

Hoss6.9

V - "The BOSS"
Reaction score
Sorry to hear of your families loss.... Prayers and thoughts from NE Indiana....

Dave Barbieri

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry that your dad's hurting so bad over this. Like Gary said, your presence can mean a lot and really comfort him. Definitely pray for you and your dad.

Fordsandguns

Fords Rule
Reaction score
Thanks guys. Like Gary said, once you are diagnosed with mesothelioma you know it's over.
We all knew it was just a matter of time. Pat was the first of the six of my grandparents children to go and I think that is part why dad is taking it hard. Not that any death of a loved one is in any way easy. I think he sees it as the first in the chain. They lost their parents years ago and I am sure that this just bring that loss back to the surface and compounds it.
I know as well as he does that it is a road we all must travel but that knowledge doesn't make it any easier.