My Timing Meter Rental Program

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
:D:angel:
Gary,

I have a friend that might be able to help with fixing these things. Do you have any paperwork (schematics) with any of them? Give me a call or PM and we'll set something up.

I have an interest in getting at least one of your machines working so you will stop calling my truck retarded. It's just slow.

Wow Mike... That sure made me laugh.. .. About chargeing a deposit fee. The cost of ruining a magnetic probe is $275.00. To repair a meter computer motherboard is yet to be determined. I could afford to buy these meters new. Thats arouns $650.00 but... What to I get for a deposit fee.. I can't justify that amount nor would anyone really be confortable sending that to me either. Its kinda in some muddy waters. I have taken the risk of renting out some hearty timing meters. Only one has come back broken so far. And if anyone is thinking have I made any profits doing this. Well, I have 11 meters at last count. I paid anywhere from $100.00 up to $275.00 for them. Probably not if you do the math... But this program was not started to make money. It was and is done to break even at some point... So far that has not happened. I have made money off selling some of the luminosity probes that came in the broken meters.... One fool seller sent 6 snapon & kent moore lumi probes. I sold 4 of them for $125.00 each to members here. The snapon probes are no longer sold by anyone but me. The kent moore lumi probes can be bought all day long for $375.00 each but who does that kind of timing any more. This is just a cross I have to bare but cheating me never sets well. I like to think I'm just below Russ and Mel for treating customers fairly. I feel if I have someone to look up to and strive to better myself why not use them as an example to be like. They both offer a great service thats used all the time here. Calvin and Ron are so good at what they offer and do for others its like no differance. These members are the benchmark of this community. I would share my diet Dr Pepper with them and not even wipe off the bottle neck....

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Very sorry to hear this has happened Gary. I wish I could say I didn't see this coming, but I'm not surprised. The reality is using one of these meters is tricky, and the timing and pulse probes are the parts most at risk. Even a trustworthy member is not beyond trying to force the crank probe into the hole, and then once it's in there, it would be very easy to destroy the probe getting it out. Or perhaps a fan blade catches something. Accidents are VERY EASY to have. The real issue here, is that the person has not accepted financial responsibility for their mistake. THAT is unfortunate, and uncharacteristic. These meters and their associated parts are not just shop tools that the average BOOB should be allowed to use. No offense to anybody else here, but the reality is you need to put on your white gloves, and take 3 hours to do this so carefully, and so methodically, that it makes your head hurt. Not many guys are up to that. You could be the worlds biggest bookworm, and if somebody handed you the original guetenburg bible, you might not know anybetter than to just plop it down on your coffee table between chapters. Using something that belongs in a museum is not like using something you just bought at Wallmart, and unfortunately, too many guys only have access to Walmart, and not a museum. There is a completely different mindset that needs to be attached to using something that is priceless and irreplaceable.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Actually Mel these J33300-A meters are new or very close to new items. The older units J33300 are getting very old and one maker is no longer repairing them. All a person has to do is clean out the crank probe location with a 5/16 drill bit in there hands. then sand clean to bare metal the number one or 4 injectr line so the clamp can pick up the fuel pulse. Sadly someone felt they could pass off a damaged meter to the next person. Thats the sad part. honesty is what I expect but in this case I didn't get much of that. Makeing everyone suffer because of one bad person sucks too. Requireing EVERYONE to return ship the meter back to me will help me to know who and what happened to my meter. But that wont get it fixed either. Responcability is what I need from each member here. So far I feel only one person has not measured up to that Knowing who that is takes some work too. Thanks everyone for the support too.

mobilemech

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gary, sorry to hear this has happened. What you have said about the steps in your program as to all the help you provide is very accurate. I rented one of your meters this spring and right from the start with the first PM you were prompt in responding to questions and when the meter arived you provided all the contact info needed if there was a problem. I work for a rental company and we rent everything from weed eaters to 1.5 MEG gen sets, we don't send equipment to other customers unless it comes in or we check it out. It's unfortunate that someone has taken advantage of your trust and good will because they have no morals or self worth. You and your program are a great service to the board here, Thank you and I hope that this program can be rescued.

rhkcommander

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just an idea, but there are electric-formatted contracts... might cover your butt in the event of future damage if you restart the rental program.

If someone damages the meter as such, replace the part or whatever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online